Senior Portraits

JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
edited October 19, 2006 in People
With winter quickly approaching my daughter and I figured we better get out and get some of her senior portraits done asap. The fall colors haven't been that great, but we decided to get out there, while the BEARS had the day off! Here are just a few of the shots....

I removed the linked shots but they are still here....

http://leiningerphotos.smugmug.com/gallery/2009065
Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D

Comments

• TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    These are really successful portraits; well done. Your daughter is lovely.
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Very enjoyable series. Last photograph is fantastic.
  • Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    They are all great!!

The last 3 are my favorites!!

What a beautiful girl you have and the camera shows her off wonderfully!

Thanks for sharing,
    Heather
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Great job, Jeffro! There isn't a loser in the entire gallery! You had some very nice backgrounds, I particularly liked the gate and fence shots for some reason and I liked the shots with her red sweatshirt due to the overcast conditions. The red shirt helped brighten the shots and probably her complexion as well. I cancelled a shootout with my niece yesterday due to dreary conditions, but since I live on the West Coast I figure I have more time to wait!!! It would be hard to choose from all of these! thumb.gif
  • lstedlsted Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 16, 2006
    Very nice. I also have a question...
    Your daughter is gorgeous. So are the pictures.

Do you print senior portraits from smugmug? And if so, is there a way to get the rounded corners on the wallets?
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Thanks for the nice comments everyone! :D

saurora...one question...why you giving kudos to Heather, for my shots? lol3.gif

Isted: I'm pretty sure you will have to trim the wallets yourself.
  • BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    great shots
    great shots jeffro,

I wish I could get my daughters to pose for some shots like these. Next year my oldest will be a senior, I will probably have to force her to be the subject of her own senior pictures.

I really like the locations for the shots, I will have to remember that and take my daughter to the in-laws farm for some shots.

Good job!
    edited October 16, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    Thanks for the nice comments everyone! :D

saurora...one question...why you giving kudos to Heather, for my shots? lol3.gif

Isted: I'm pretty sure you will have to trim the wallets yourself.

Sorry, Jeffro!!! By the time I looked at all of the shots, I forgot who posted them! rolleyes1.gif
    edited October 16, 2006
    great shots jeffro,

I wish I could get my daughters to pose for some shots like these. Next year my oldest will be a senior, I will probably have to force her to be the subject of her own senior pictures.

I really like the locations for the shots, I will have to remember that and take my daughter to the in-laws farm for some shots.

Good job!

Thanks for the copliments. We have a few more spots in mind, but we ran out of time Sunday.
    edited October 16, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Sorry, Jeffro!!! By the time I looked at all of the shots, I forgot who posted them! rolleyes1.gif

I've done the same thing before...thanks for taking the time to check out the gallery, and comment! :D
  • fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    These are great! I really like #4 & #5. I'm going to have to remember these poses- they work really well!
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Weird, I've looked several times, but thought I'd posted!

These are wonderful! I'm sure your daughter is quite pleased.... Great shots!
    edited October 17, 2006
    Weird, I've looked several times, but thought I'd posted!

These are wonderful! I'm sure your daughter is quite pleased.... Great shots!

Thanks. She is ready for some more. Not camera shy.
  • MyViewMyView Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    Great shots. Love the backdrops. All of them are very nice, my favorite is the fence post image!!!

Great work!
    Lissa
    www.photosbylissa.com
    www.photosbylissa.blogspot.com

Gear
    Nikon D200
    Nikon D70
    Nikon N70
    Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f1.8
    Tamron 28-75 f2.8
    Nikkor 18-70
    Tamron 75-300
    SB-600
    edited October 18, 2006
    I showed your gallery to my niece and she loves the fence post shot and the ones in the tall grass. Now I'm driving around Orange County, CA. trying to find a rustic fence post, or at least a wooden fence, and some tall grass.....you have no idea how hard that is to find here!!!! A reflecting pool would be nice, too............. rolleyes1.gif
    edited October 18, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    I showed your gallery to my niece and she loves the fence post shot and the ones in the tall grass. Now I'm driving around Orange County, CA. trying to find a rustic fence post, or at least a wooden fence, and some tall grass.....you have no idea how hard that is to find here!!!! A reflecting pool would be nice, too............. rolleyes1.gif

I'm only 1,940 miles east of you.....and there are plenty of fence post, and lots of tall grass here! :D You near Corona or Norco by any chance? I use to visit out there all the time. Norco had plenty of fence post...since the "sidewalks" were horse trails.
    edited October 18, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    I'm only 1,940 miles east of you.....and there are plenty of fence post, and lots of tall grass here! :D You near Corona or Norco by any chance? I use to visit out there all the time. Norco had plenty of fence post...since the "sidewalks" were horse trails.

Sorta....It's about an hour's drive. I did think of the Norco area, I'm just not real familiar with exactly where to go and the traffic on the weekends is murder anymore. I drove around parts of Irvine on my lunch hour today....the more undeveloped parts...haven't found it yet! Yeah, 2,000 miles is a way to go! How many different sites did you go to come up with the apprx. 20 different backgrounds you shot? (Yes, I counted!) Traffic's a killer around here to come up with that amount in one day. What amazes me is so much of our area is totally inaccessible even if you find a field. It's surrounded by security fencing and there's generally no parking along the scenic routes. It's definitely going to require some trespassing, I think! eek7.gif
    edited October 18, 2006
    We spent about 3 hours, and drove about 60 miles...there and back.

We started at our local pool...Spring Lake. It has the fishing docks on the Lake (there is a pool too but we didn't use that).

Next was Oregon IL, along the Rock River. There is a dam there, and we used it and the rocks around it.

Just outside of Oregon is Castle Rock State Park, and this is where we took the tall grass shots, as well as a few by some trees.

Finally we went to White Pines State Park. There is a creek that runs through the park, which you drive through several times. We used the foot bridges, and some rocks along the waters edge, as well as the old oak trees and other neat stuff there.

There were 4 other photographers at White Pines doing Senior pics too.

On the way home we pulled off on a side road and took the corn field shots....so I didn't count that as a different spot.

The wine country just outside Norco may be worth the drive. As I remember nothing is easy to get to out there. That's why I like to visit there, and live here. :D

Good luck....waiting to see some of your shots!
  • Alaska shutterbugAlaska shutterbug Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    Really nice, last 2 are my favorite, with one by fencepost my very favorite. All are great though.clap.gif
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    thanx for sharing your lovely daughter with us! she looks great in all of them - well done! i looked through your gallery and the one that cathces my eye is img_925 ( if i remember correctly ) its the one with her leaning againt the tree with a great smile with the background nicely blurred away....

troy
    edited October 18, 2006
    windoze wrote:
    thanx for sharing your lovely daughter with us! she looks great in all of them - well done! i looked through your gallery and the one that cathces my eye is img_925 ( if i remember correctly ) its the one with her leaning againt the tree with a great smile with the background nicely blurred away....

troy

Thanks you very much for the kind words troy! :D
  • jerryrjerryr Registered Users Posts: 595 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    Good Job Jeff...
    I like the first one and the last one the best.
    The setting for the first one - on the fence with the background not
    in focus - excellent !!
    Nice smile and as mentioned beofre, the poses show off her hair.
    Good job !
    - jr
    edited October 19, 2006
    jerryr wrote:
    Good Job Jeff...
    I like the first one and the last one the best.
    The setting for the first one - on the fence with the background not
    in focus - excellent !!
    Nice smile and as mentioned beofre, the poses show off her hair.
    Good job !
    - jr

Thanks! My head is swelling....lol3.gif