Domain Name problems - Joker.com

MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
edited October 18, 2006 in SmugMug Support
So I just upgraded to a Pro account. Started reading about all this customizationa and decided to read a while before I try anything as I am already overwhelmed (no HTLM knowleded at all).

So on to my problem - I set up a domain name with Jjoker.com since is is Smugmug preffered. I cannot get my domain name to link over to my Smugmug site - I have tried two times and waited 72 hours between each time - any help?

I followed the SM instructions:
Service Zone
Domain Settings
Name servicing - ulr forwarding
Click my domain name (MLKImages.com)
use CName Record (alias) - add
(sub- )Domain I type "www" (my domain is shown .mlkimages.com)
Alias: I type www.smugmug.com
Save

I then get this message: "It is not allowed to create a 'CNAME' record if an 'A' record with the same name exists. First delete the 'A' record."

So I go back to the main page and see under: Edit DNS/Service records: subheading - A-Records
Listed under host is www.mlkimages.com with a number under the Target and a second entry mlkimages.com with the same number listed under target.

I then used the "delete all" buttom to delete these A-Records and then went back thru the instructions to add the CName Record - which it would take.

Go into the system the next day and the A-Records are listed again.

I waited 72 hours after each attempt and nothing is working.

Help!

Thanks - your newby
Michael

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Hi, thanks for posting. Sometimes it's tricky :D No worries, we can help you. Send your joker login info (username and pw) to our help desk help@smugmug.com we can get it done for you no problemo. We do this all the time.

Welcome to SmugMug wave.gif and Dgrin!
  • MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    any news on this yet?
    Andy I really appreciat yours and everyone assistance with my issues and inabilities. Any news on geting my domain to forward into my SM account?

Thanks again,
    Michael

Andy wrote:
    Hi, thanks for posting. Sometimes it's tricky :D No worries, we can help you. Send your joker login info (username and pw) to our help desk help@smugmug.com we can get it done for you no problemo. We do this all the time.

Welcome to SmugMug wave.gif and Dgrin!
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    Andy I really appreciat yours and everyone assistance with my issues and inabilities. Any news on geting my domain to forward into my SM account?

Thanks again,
    Michael
    Hi Michael, did you sent us that email already? I can't seem to find it in our system. Could you mail it to me again please? I'm sorry

use help@smugmug.com att: Ivar
  • MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    Thanks - just sent email with info again.
    nm
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Michael, did you sent us that email already? I can't seem to find it in our system. Could you mail it to me again please? I'm sorry

use help@smugmug.com att: Ivar