Spider - First Attempt

plyconplycon Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 16, 2006 in Holy Macro
spider_final.jpg

I've been trying out my new Macro 100mm 2.8 lens today ~ and also trying to learn to use Combine_Z correctly. As you can see - I have a way to go. :D

To all the experienced macro photographers out there - is it better to just move back and forth slightly while taking shots for Combine_Z, or stay still on the tripod and adjust using the lens?

Any and all suggestions appreciated. Also, any idea what kind of spider this might be?

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    If you are handholding it is easier to jsut move the camera back and forth but if you are on a tripod that is not possible so jsut the focus ring on the lens. For tripod use you can also get a macro rail for fine focusing adjustments and focus stacking.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    plycon wrote:

I've been trying out my new Macro 100mm 2.8 lens today ~ and also trying to learn to use Combine_Z correctly. As you can see - I have a way to go. :D

To all the experienced macro photographers out there - is it better to just move back and forth slightly while taking shots for Combine_Z, or stay still on the tripod and adjust using the lens?

Any and all suggestions appreciated. Also, any idea what kind of spider this might be?

Hi there Plycon....... I see Nick has answered your question already.
    I struggled to hand hold until Brian told me about the settings he uses to hand hold using an external flash.

He sets the camera to MANUAL
    ISO = 100
    Speed = 200
    F/Stop = between F11-F14 (you can play with that)
    Flash I used to set to AUTO, but I now sometimes adjust it manually.

Macro is not easy to do because of the shallow DOF, Brian Stacks his images, but not all the time ....... there is a lot of trial and error in MACRO

Your doing pretty good I'd say thumb.gif ...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    I dont know about technical issue
    I loved the shot colors are stunning
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery