Pixel Size

ZososZosos Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited October 19, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have two questions.

1. I shoot weddings and then upload them to Smugmug for the wedding party to purchase. Currently I upload, full size jpeg files (Huge) so that they can purchace 24 x 36 prints. But my sales are no larger than 8 X 10, so to save on upload time I'm considering only uploading jpegs that can be printed at 8 X 10 (I'd upload larger images on request), Is this a good idea? & what are pixal dimensions for good 8 X 10 prints.

2. I use a Mac Intel based computer. Smugmug only allows me to pick files (not folders) to upload. It says they are working on this for Intel Macs. When will I be able to choose an entire folder (and not 50 individual files).

Thanks for your input,

Rick Nuffer

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Zosos wrote:
    I have two questions.

1. I shoot weddings and then upload them to Smugmug for the wedding party to purchase. Currently I upload, full size jpeg files (Huge) so that they can purchace 24 x 36 prints. But my sales are no larger than 8 X 10, so to save on upload time I'm considering only uploading jpegs that can be printed at 8 X 10 (I'd upload larger images on request), Is this a good idea? & what are pixal dimensions for good 8 X 10 prints.

2. I use a Mac Intel based computer. Smugmug only allows me to pick files (not folders) to upload. It says they are working on this for Intel Macs. When will I be able to choose an entire folder (and not 50 individual files).

Thanks for your input,

Rick Nuffer
    Hi Zosos,

I would not resize the photos, but just keep them the original size. If it takes to long for your liking, maybe you can set an upload before you go to bed? or to work?

You can already upload entire folders, you just can't drag the folder but have to drag the 50 files in the upload area. ( cmd + A selects all files in a folder )

Also, we have a beta uploader which works great, also for the Intel Macs! Have a look here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=40974

Holler if you need any help with anything else!
  • floreschrisfloreschris Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    what resolution would suffice for regular 4x6 prints? ne_nau.gif

i've actually never printed any of my dslr photos yet, and have just started a smugmug account - uploading 1200 x 800.

i have a 350d by the way, if that should be factored in.

thanks!
    chrisfotos.smugmug.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    i've actually never printed any of my dslr photos yet, and have just started a smugmug account - uploading 1200 x 800.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality

you should upload MUCH higher res than that, if you wish to print. Our resolution page, has the MINIMUMS in order to print. But remember, more is better :D

Hope this helps!