Light through a window

LawrenceLawrence Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited October 17, 2006 in Holy Macro
I would like some feedback on this one please. Thanks........Lawrence

widow-and-basin-146.9-kb.jpg

Comments

• garfonzogarfonzo Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    I find it hard to concentrate on the picture with that white border. Maybe try without the border?

ne_nau.gif

However, the pic is neat but perhaps a little too cluttere IMO. There are too many items in the shot. Maybe if the depth of feild was a little tighter and you focused more on, say, the lantern, or the window and the other items were somewhat blurred, it would give the shot a focus.

Cheers
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Lawrence wrote:

Hi Lawrence, the picture itself looks fine, but the boarder bothers me.
    The contents of the picture are very interesting, I'd like to see it without such a large glowing frame around it, it is a nice shot other than the boarder .........thanks for sharing ........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    I like the image inside the frame i think frame is not appropriate
    Or may be you are trying to give old feel. I some time see on old photos but it is oval
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • TooManyToysTooManyToys Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Lawrence wrote:

I see where you are going with this one and I have to agree with other comments.... a little too much to focus on...although I don't mind the white border, it just needs a little more fading to give it a more dream-like quality.

Perhaps if the photo was framed a little differently...get rid of the distracting elements at the bottom of the photo and don't cut off the top of the window frame. Keep some of the stonework at the top to fade out to white.

I hope you don't mind but here's sort of what I'm getting at with some quick and dirty photshop action to give a representation of what I'm trying to say..

5fb052746681e7ed3e59a8abce7ed6aa-.jpg
  • LawrenceLawrence Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 17, 2006
    Lawrence wrote:

I see where you are going with this one and I have to agree with other comments.... a little too much to focus on...although I don't mind the white border, it just needs a little more fading to give it a more dream-like quality.

Perhaps if the photo was framed a little differently...get rid of the distracting elements at the bottom of the photo and don't cut off the top of the window frame. Keep some of the stonework at the top to fade out to white.

I hope you don't mind but here's sort of what I'm getting at with some quick and dirty photshop action to give a representation of what I'm trying to say..

5fb052746681e7ed3e59a8abce7ed6aa-.jpg

Thanks for all the cc. I see what you mean by the tighter crop. I think it is better

Lawrence