Some of my galleries are having big issues...

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited November 11, 2006 in SmugMug Support
And others work fine. Can someone please hit my site and let me know if it's ME or my network or if it's SmugMug?

None of the galleries in here seem to be showing images correctly. I cannot get the photos to all show up! (The children one is set to all thumbs so I can attempt to bulk zoom the thumbnails, but I cannot get all the photos to show.)
http://www.tippiepics.com/Portraits

On the other hand, all the galleries in here are working just fine.
http://www.tippiepics.com/Outdoors

I have tried this in both FF and IE7 as well as on my husbands computer and none seem to be doing right. But I don't want to bug support unless I know it's not my network. (I have restarted our network as well as my computer, too.)

TIA!

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    And others work fine. Can someone please hit my site and let me know if it's ME or my network or if it's SmugMug?

None of the galleries in here seem to be showing images correctly. I cannot get the photos to all show up! (The children one is set to all thumbs so I can attempt to bulk zoom the thumbnails, but I cannot get all the photos to show.)
    http://www.tippiepics.com/Portraits

On the other hand, all the galleries in here are working just fine.
    http://www.tippiepics.com/Outdoors

I have tried this in both FF and IE7 as well as on my husbands computer and none seem to be doing right. But I don't want to bug support unless I know it's not my network.

TIA!
    Yep, sure seems like something is going on there. Way over my head, so I've alerted our engineers :D

We'll take care of it as soon as we can. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We'll fix it as soon as we can!
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Yep, sure seems like something is going on there. Way over my head, so I've alerted our engineers :D

We'll take care of it as soon as we can. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We'll fix it as soon as we can!

Awesome! Thanks so much... I'm glad to hear I wasn't going crazy! Laughing.gif!
    edited October 16, 2006
    Awesome! Thanks so much... I'm glad to hear I wasn't going crazy! Laughing.gif!
    Well, i'm definitely :crazy so maybe we should get a third opinion lol3.gif

No, all jokes aside, it wasn't you. We are on it. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
  • StustaffStustaff Registered Users Posts: 680 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    ok third opinion, I think Ivar is crazy! sorry photogmomma I dont know you well enough to comment :D
    Trapped in my bedroom taking pictures...did i say bedroom? i meant studio!

My www. place is www.belperphoto.co.uk
    My smugmug galleries at http://stuarthill.smugmug.com
    edited October 16, 2006
    Stustaff wrote:
    ok third opinion, I think Ivar is crazy! sorry photogmomma I dont know you well enough to comment :D

Well, I can vouch for her... I mean, me. Definitely crazy! :crazy

rolleyes1.gif
    edited October 17, 2006
    Any word on what's going on with this or an ETA? Just curious!

Thanks a ton!:D
    edited October 17, 2006
    Any word on what's going on with this or an ETA? Just curious!

Thanks a ton!:D
    I know we're fast, but we are not magicians lol3.gif
    We're working on it. It should be fixed soon, i unfortunately don't have an ETA for you, I'm sorry.
    edited October 17, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    I know we're fast, but we are not magicians lol3.gif
    We're working on it. It should be fixed soon, i unfortunately don't have an ETA for you, I'm sorry.

Oh, man. Everyone LIED to me! They said that you guys were MAGIC. headscratch.gif

I guess I'll have to just be patient... :D

No worries! I'm going to see if I can find a workaround in the meantime since I know some galleries work and others are just acting crazy like me. :crazy (I worked at a software company and I was a geek that way.)

Thanks so much for the respond, though!
    edited October 25, 2006
    Anything new on this? I've had (potential) customers complaining that they can't see the portraits I've done and this could be a bad thing....

Thanks!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    Hi Andi,

I'm checking again.
    edited October 25, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Andi,

I'm checking again.

Thanks a ton, Andy.... :D
    edited October 31, 2006
    I hate to be a whiner, but has there been any progress made on this? I'm getting really frustrated because my photos many times won't show! The "Outdoors" galleries are just fine.

If there is no resolution yet, can you give me some suggestions of what I can try to do to fix this? I've tried
    • moving all the photos to a new gallery
    • moving the gallery to a different sub-category
    • making the gallery smaller (in number of photos, but there aren't many there anyway)
    • renaming the gallery
    I haven't re-uploaded all the images because that will require me to spend a while finding them again or downloading them all and then reuploaing. (Which, if there is a problem with the images themselves, that won't solve.) I don't mind doing this if I *know* it'll work, but I don't want to spin my wheels for an hour or longer only to find that it didn't solve the problem.

I have NO problems with any workarounds you might suggest, but it's very important that my portraits be available for clients to see!

Please help me!!! I've been patient for 2 weeks, but won't be able to be much longer!
    edited October 31, 2006
    I hate to be a whiner, but has there been any progress made on this? I'm getting really frustrated because my photos many times won't show! The "Outdoors" galleries are just fine.

If there is no resolution yet, can you give me some suggestions of what I can try to do to fix this? I've tried
    • moving all the photos to a new gallery
    • moving the gallery to a different sub-category
    • making the gallery smaller (in number of photos, but there aren't many there anyway)
    • renaming the gallery
    I haven't re-uploaded all the images because that will require me to spend a while finding them again or downloading them all and then reuploaing. (Which, if there is a problem with the images themselves, that won't solve.) I don't mind doing this if I *know* it'll work, but I don't want to spin my wheels for an hour or longer only to find that it didn't solve the problem.

I have NO problems with any workarounds you might suggest, but it's very important that my portraits be available for clients to see!

Please help me!!! I've been patient for 2 weeks, but won't be able to be much longer!
    I am on it.
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I am on it.

My site is having issues too Andy. Thumbnails slow to show, Large imags "photos not found'. Far as I am aware, todat is the first day for this.
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

edited October 31, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:
    My site is having issues too Andy. Thumbnails slow to show, Large imags "photos not found'. Far as I am aware, todat is the first day for this.
    Engineers are on it, stay tuned, and thanks for your patience
    edited October 31, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Any theories?

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

edited November 1, 2006
    My Large photos are back, but not the thumbs in the one gallery

edited November 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:

:D
    edited November 1, 2006
    :D
    NINE hours later, and still issues - are we still to be patient? ANd my Large photos are broke again.

edited November 1, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:
    NINE hours later, and still issues - are we still to be patient? ANd my Large photos are broke again.
    YEs, and I already repsonded in y our other thread - no need to cross-post, it means I have to respond twice :D thanks DJ and sorry for the hassle.
    edited November 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    YEs, and I already repsonded in y our other thread - no need to cross-post, it means I have to respond twice :D thanks DJ and sorry for the hassle.

Yeah, I'm an impatient sob aint I :D

edited November 1, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Yeah, I'm an impatient sob aint I :D

My issues have been rectified, Andy - and to save you a step - I won't x post deal.gif

edited November 1, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:
    My issues have been rectified, Andy - and to save you a step - I won't x post deal.gif

I'm still having issues so it must be something different.... :D
    edited November 1, 2006
    Andi,

I know this is taking longer than expected. Don, our CEO and chief geek is on this, working on the problem. It's taking longer than expected and we apologize.

Have you considered making a new gallery with the same images? Would that be problematic for you?

Sorry again, and thanks ever so much for your continued patience.
    edited November 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Andi,

I know this is taking longer than expected. Don, our CEO and chief geek is on this, working on the problem. It's taking longer than expected and we apologize.

Have you considered making a new gallery with the same images? Would that be problematic for you?

Sorry again, and thanks ever so much for your continued patience.

I did create a brand new gallery and moved (not re-uploaded) the photos I wanted to display and this didn't fix the problem. I was thinking it wasn't the photos that were the problem because they were working several weeks ago and I didn't do anything to change them. (Read: I was lazy and finally updating and realized how bad the problem was.)

I think what I'll try first is to download (via StarExplorer) all the images in one of the galleries and re-upload into a brand new gallery. I think I may even just create a new category for it and see if I see any issues. I'll let you know what I find when I do that. I should mention that I'm doing this because searching for all the images in my several PSE Organizer catalogs would be a PITA. I could do it, but I just dont' have time right now and several of the photos I'd like to keep in there.

Thanks so much for the update - I truly appreciate knowing that it's being looked at. :D
    edited November 2, 2006
    Andy, I have a working gallery now. I did just as I suggested I do:
    • Downloaded all images from Children using S*E
    • Created a new gallery under People (instead of Portraits)
    • Uploaded the exact same images
    • Moved the gallery so that it is under Portraits instead of People (so I don't have as much rework to do! Laughing.gif!)
    • Works fine. You can see it here: Little ones
    I'm going to do the same for adults and groups, too. If I have issues, I'll post those.

While this doesn't solve whatever issue it is that you're having, it does allow me to have a working site and that's the most important thing to me right now. (I feel a bit dumb not to have tried it a while ago when I thought of it, but you know how it is...) Maybe it's just an issue I have and no one else. And if this is how to get around it, so be it.... :D

Thanks.
    edited November 9, 2006
    Andy, I have a working gallery now. I did just as I suggested I do:
    • Downloaded all images from Children using S*E
    • Created a new gallery under People (instead of Portraits)
    • Uploaded the exact same images
    • Moved the gallery so that it is under Portraits instead of People (so I don't have as much rework to do! Laughing.gif!)
    • Works fine. You can see it here: Little ones
    I'm going to do the same for adults and groups, too. If I have issues, I'll post those.

While this doesn't solve whatever issue it is that you're having, it does allow me to have a working site and that's the most important thing to me right now. (I feel a bit dumb not to have tried it a while ago when I thought of it, but you know how it is...) Maybe it's just an issue I have and no one else. And if this is how to get around it, so be it.... :D

Thanks.
    hi andi,
    the new galleries seem to be working great. Are you going to keep the old galleries or delete them? Let us know. Sorry again, for the hassle :(
    edited November 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    hi andi,
    the new galleries seem to be working great. Are you going to keep the old galleries or delete them? Let us know. Sorry again, for the hassle :(

Hey, Andy, I have been so freakin' busy on the four photo shoots I had last weekend (editing, uploading, etc) that I haven't had time to finish with the rest of my broken galleries. :) But since many of the photos I took last weekend and the fact that downloading/uploading works well, that's what I'll be doing to finish "fixing" things.

Did they ever figure out the issue? or was it a complete anomaly? I'm sort of known for that....

Thanks!
    edited November 11, 2006
    Did they ever figure out the issue? or was it a complete anomaly? I'm sort of known for that....

Thanks!
    Honestly, it's been causing us some heartache. We think the problem is solved, and haven't seen new similar probles arise since. I'm really sorry again, that we caused you the same heartache! Glad you repuloaded. And that you have been busy, that's good, too, yeah? :D
    edited November 11, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Honestly, it's been causing us some heartache. We think the problem is solved, and haven't seen new similar probles arise since. I'm really sorry again, that we caused you the same heartache! Glad you repuloaded. And that you have been busy, that's good, too, yeah? :D

Cool... Sorry it's been a PITA for you guys, too.

And busy is good! Especially for a brand new professional photographer! I had 4 last weekend - and that makes about 8 total for me. Hmm, maybe I will be able to do this!

Thanks again.