Very dark photo recover

cocasanacocasana Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
edited October 17, 2006 in People
Hi there! Here's a before and after version of a pic I've shot in rather difficult situation. I've tried to recover as much as possible. Would you like to comment, suggest or criticize? Thanks, Carlo

Comments

• cocasanacocasana Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    After
    After
    cocasana wrote:
    Hi there! Here's a before and after version of a pic I've shot in rather difficult situation. I've tried to recover as much as possible. Would you like to comment, suggest or criticize? Thanks, Carlo
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited October 17, 2006
    Hello cocasana! wave.gif Welcome and thanks for posting these pictures. How did you process this to recover the shadows?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    Hmmm, my only real criticism is that it's a bit crooked. I'd love to see it in B&W as I think that might add to the feel of the shot and the grain wouldn't take away from it....

This is a really neat photo and I like how you've recovered it! I'd probably think about adding some contrast to it - I think the darks could gp back to being darker while leaving the lighter areas and midtones that you've recovered.

Wonderful shot!!clap.gif
  • cocasanacocasana Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    Thank you guys for watching and commenting! DavidS85: I've made 3 layouts from the same raw file (- = +) . I've treated them with noise ninja.Then I've blended them with Optipix. Doubled the layer blending them with linear dodge, mask, selective... Then selective sharpening with USM e SS. Photogmomma, I think you are right about the curves!
    Thanks again,
    Carlo