Options

XC season starts in Weston

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited December 19, 2004 in Sports
Saturday was the real start of the XC skiing season in Weston. We have no natural snow, but the weather has been cold and WST has been able to make enough snow to close it's innermost loop.

The high school teams from all over Eastern Massachusetts were out in force:

12867925-L.jpg

Kids get started with XC ski racing in the Bill Koch League which starts off with 5 and 6 year olds (lollipoppers)

12857010-L.jpg

and runs through 8th grade.

12856969-L.jpg

XC skiiing is much harder than it looks. I am strong and fit and have been XC skiing on and since college, but never raced and never had a coach. There are 8 year old girls who are much faster than I am.

12867958-L.jpg

(Well on snow, anyway.) Once people master the technique, it's like riding a bicycle. It's always there.

12856630-L.jpg

So we're all looing forward to the rest of the season.

12856951-L.jpg

12857771-L.jpg

12858027-L.jpg

12858039-L.jpg

12858069-L.jpg

12857672-L.jpg
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2004
    The close-ups are my favorites...
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    Saturday was the real start of the XC skiing season in Weston. We have no natural snow, but the weather has been cold and WST has been able to make enough snow to close it's innermost loop.

The high school teams from all over Eastern Massachusetts were out in force:

Kids get started with XC ski racing in the Bill Koch League which starts off with 5 and 6 year olds (lollipoppers)

and runs through 8th grade.

XC skiiing is much harder than it looks. I am strong and fit and have been XC skiing on and since college, but never raced and never had a coach. There are 8 year old girls who are much faster than I am.

(Well on snow, anyway.) Once people master the technique, it's like riding a bicycle. It's always there.

So we're all looing forward to the rest of the season.
    Close ups for me too Rutt .. I like the one with the girl on the skis with her tongue out as wellrolleyes1.gif nice tones on the close ups..clap.gif what camera are you using?? nice bokah ...(first time using that word):D