#28 gubbs

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited December 22, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
12893308-L.jpg

I want to try a couple of things with this picture of Mrs gubbs, but would apreciate some feed back before I start

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2004
    a) iloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif

b) imo, for the soft focus look, you should start with some portion - eyes/nose that's sharp and the softness gradually gets greater as you move away from that area. so, i think that ma gubbs is a bit too soft overall. am i making sense?

c) when's your next business trip? i'll head up to the country and look after things for you while you're out of town lol3.gif
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2004
    gubbs wrote:

I want to try a couple of things with this picture of Mrs gubbs, but would apreciate some feed back before I start
    Gubbsy.. It's nice but I would have removed some of that blur from her eyes.. and maybe a little from the bottom lip and tiiny stokes from lashes and maybe a stroke or two from hair to make a little shine.. and I would have reduced the blur a bit... I think you are on to something here tho...
    12893308-S.jpg
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2004
    Ok another attempt, taken the softness off the eyes, lips and some of her hair. My screen was in bright sunlight earlier, subsequently the colours were off so I've adjusted that too.
    12895718-L.jpg

She complained about the darkness under her eyes so I'll have a go at fixing that later on...
    edited December 19, 2004
    My daughter catching a few zzzzz's yesterday afternoon
    12895234-L.jpg
    edited December 19, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Ok another attempt, taken the softness off the eyes, lips and some of her hair. My screen was in bright sunlight earlier, subsequently the colours were off so I've adjusted that too.
    12895718-Ti.jpg

She complained about the darkness under her eyes so I'll have a go at fixing that later on...

not sure but the wb maybe a bit pinkish...
    edited December 19, 2004
    nice gubbs but very pink on my screen too.. I like the first colors.
    edited December 20, 2004
    Another go, I'm not sure if its better but I'm enjoying playing :D

12961242-L.jpg
    edited December 20, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Me thinks that really nice Gubbsy:D
    edited December 20, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Me thinks that really nice Gubbsy:D
    Hey, Thanks Lynn, I think she's begginning to get fed up of me, she's my only model at the moment:D

Here's another rolleyes1.gif

12970835-L.jpg
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2004
    gubbs wrote:

12961242-S.jpg

I like this one a lot. Her eyes look so big and deep.

You are a lucky man.
    edited December 20, 2004
    tell ya what, gubbsie ...
    gubbs wrote:

12961242-Ti.jpg

i think that your "drinks company" needs you in their plant in the ukraine. tell your lovely that i'll hope the 6am virgin flight across the pond and i'll be there in time for lunch, or tea at latest iloveyou.gif

seriously, she's beautiful and i'm liking the mono also. i'd suggest a reshoot, same lighting etc but sharp focus on here eyes, maybe f/4 on your 50mm lens, that should give you nice drop off...
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2004
    I think I like the first shot, although the second pose it quite warm. I am very drawn to the eyes of the first one. Both are great shots.

bowdown.gif
    edited December 21, 2004
    andy wrote:
    i think that your "drinks company" needs you in their plant in the ukraine. tell your lovely that i'll hope the 6am virgin flight across the pond and i'll be there in time for lunch, or tea at latest iloveyou.gif

seriously, she's beautiful and i'm liking the mono also. i'd suggest a reshoot, same lighting etc but sharp focus on here eyes, maybe f/4 on your 50mm lens, that should give you nice drop off...
    This really is a challenge. I'm struggling with light, I shot this with the 50mm at iso 400 f1.8 1/25 handheld so I don't think I'll be able to get to f4. Would a couple of portable spotlights be any good? I might go and get a couple to have a play with.

Oh I better warn you, if you want anything more than toast for lunch or tea, you'll be doing the cooking! :D (I better shut up!)
    edited December 21, 2004
    Thanks greaps & a-nut thumb.gif
  • yvonneyvonne Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Hey, Thanks Lynn, I think she's begginning to get fed up of me, she's my only model at the moment:D

Here's another rolleyes1.gif

12970835-L.jpg
    I MUCH prefer this one. The soft focus thing isnt' really my bag, but I think this one is lovely, nice warm colours, natural, unposed. Very nice.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2004
    I dont know %$#@ about photos but she's a good sort thumb.gif
    edited December 21, 2004
    yvonne wrote:
    I MUCH prefer this one. The soft focus thing isnt' really my bag, but I think this one is lovely, nice warm colours, natural, unposed. Very nice.
    Thats beautiful Gubbs.. just right!
    12970835-S.jpg
    it's "maybe" a fraction of a tad dark on my monitor but my monitor is pretty scruffy. clap.gifclap.gif
  • Ben:::DBen:::D Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited December 21, 2004
    for what it's worth--I agree with yvonne, I much prefer the second one too. For me, the first one is just sort-of an odd angle. I think this one shows her personality much more and feels less "intentionally portrait-y" ne_nau.gif

good going though.
    edited December 22, 2004
    Thanks for the comments and advice Lynn, Ben, Hum & Yvonne, I think I prefer the last one too..... I was going to have another go on Thursday night if I get a chance. thumb.gif

Yvonne, I never noticed you were in London, whereabouts?
  • yvonneyvonne Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Thanks for the comments and advice Lynn, Ben, Hum & Yvonne, I think I prefer the last one too..... I was going to have another go on Thursday night if I get a chance. thumb.gif

Yvonne, I never noticed you were in London, whereabouts?
    City