Options

How to Remove/Add Items from an Order?

SkipRowlandSkipRowland Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited October 17, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have had a handful of instances in my short time here where a customer has ordered multiple images, only to find later that they ordered the wrong item or product. As I am on 7-day proofing, I have ample enough window to communicate with my customers before the order is locked down in "processing" mode.

When something like this happens, what is the best way to resolve it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    I have had a handful of instances in my short time here where a customer has ordered multiple images, only to find later that they ordered the wrong item or product. As I am on 7-day proofing, I have ample enough window to communicate with my customers before the order is locked down in "processing" mode.

When something like this happens, what is the best way to resolve it?

Thanks!
    Hi Skip,

The customer is able to delete the photo, or change the quantity before he places the order. He/She should check that carefully before completion of the order.

If one of your customers has made an error in the order, have them write us ( help@smugmug.com ) as soon as possible with the order number. We can not change the order, but we can cancel it, and re-order an order. If it's only a small change, like changing the quantity of a photo, or auto to true or something, let us know, and we can order it right then, so your customer doesn't need to do anything thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2006
    Thanks, Ivar!

The main situations I've run into are:
    1) where the customer ordered the only product available due to my having uploaded a small file, when they would really rather have a nice 8x10 rather than 4 wallets. (editorial comment: this would be solved by allowing us to upload small files, but still have the ability for customers to order any product that we've set prices for. I've said it before, I would be willing to take the financial hit if I failed to upload an appropriately sized image...)

2) upon close inspection of an image, I realize that, while it looks good over the Internet, it is not going to print well.

In these instances, I'll direct the customers directly to help@smugmug.com

Another question:
    How do they handle returns when they love 6 out of 7 items?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2006
    Another question:
    How do they handle returns when they love 6 out of 7 items?
    I assume they = me/we as in Smugmug?

We'll get the 7th print corrected for whatever the problem is by our House Pro, and reship that to the customer, free of charge, or we work out something else, but everyone will be happy in the end, see our guarantee deal.gif

At this point, you can only order the size prints, based on the uploaded image. Please upload the full size images, but saved at a low quality for the proofs, and use high quality for the prints. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    I assume they = me/we as in Smugmug?
    I'm sorry for not being more clear...

When the customer receives their order of 7 images, and the customer LOVES 6 of them, but feels that the 7th isn't quite what they expected (let's just say the image quality looked a lot better over the Internet than it did on paper), what do they do?

Do they return it and get a refund, or a credit? What are the customer's options and how do they go about excercising them?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2006
    I'm sorry for not being more clear...

When the customer receives their order of 7 images, and the customer LOVES 6 of them, but feels that the 7th isn't quite what they expected (let's just say the image quality looked a lot better over the Internet than it did on paper), what do they do?

Do they return it and get a refund, or a credit? What are the customer's options and how do they go about excercising them?

Thanks!
    They should contact us, either directly, or via you. What I wrote earlier was for those situations. We will work the photo if needed, and we will get it to them free of charge. If they really don't want the picture at all, they can get a refund. Either way, they'll be happy with us and you in the end :D
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Either way, they'll be happy with us and you in the end :D
    sweet! thanks for everything!