Options

Portrait, Simmons, 2

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited December 19, 2004 in People
12894862-L.jpg

I did some things here, I am hoping it will be noticed which is why I took a whole new thread. Rutt, the eyes are sharp, as sharp as his eyes are at 92. He is blind in one of them: his right one. I did not sharpen much in the first place. It was a last minute find, one I had used flash on and was not soft at all.

Here I have tried to reduce the effects of the flash to bring out the eyes more. I have sharpened a little around the eyes, but did not want to overdue it. Instead, I tried to down play the areas affected by the flash, other than the catch light in his eyes.

I used the flash about half the time. I did not know, going into the thing, if I would be able to photograph at all. I tried it without the flash at 800 ISO, then I switched to the flash, and it was back and forth all afternoon. When I took the picture of the woman with him, with her print, I could not use flash because it reflected on the print, but in a photo of her with just him, I did use flash, it was like that.

Anyway, I just spent an hour, or more, painting the portrait with photoshop.
Does anyone think it is better now?

ginger

The original is available if anyone wants to work on it. I have made e-mail sizes to send to the gallery that manages his work. I hope to make things right before I send them, but with the santa hat, I also hope to send them tomorrow, or tonight.
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2004
    Yes, this looks better to me.
    If not now, when?