Fall Colours in Abstract

dlibrachdlibrach Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
edited October 19, 2006 in Holy Macro
Well, these didn't seem to fit in any of the other categories so figured I might as well post 'em here. Hope that's OK.

These were taken last weekend on a waterfall field trip with the local club in the area. 3 Waterfalls + 8 hrs + fall colours + great light and ~200 photos and I only liked and processed the abstract ones. Go figure :dunno

C&C always appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave

102508365-L-4.jpg

102507975-L-1.jpg

102506956-L-1.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    dlibrach wrote:
    Well, these didn't seem to fit in any of the other categories so figured I might as well post 'em here. Hope that's OK.
    These were taken last weekend on a waterfall field trip with the local club in the area. 3 Waterfalls + 8 hrs + fall colours + great light and ~200 photos and I only liked and processed the abstract ones. Go figure ne_nau.gif
    C&C always appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Dave

To be honest the first two shots do absolutely nothing for me.
    The third shot is nicely set up, and nice use of light and colours there too.
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • dlibrachdlibrach Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    To be honest the first two shots do absolutely nothing for me.
    The third shot is nicely set up, and nice use of light and colours there too.
    Skippy (Australia)

Hey Skippy, honesty is what I want and I applaud it clap.gif. Thanks for looking and I'm glad you liked the last one.

Cheers,
    Dave
  • handlebarhandlebar Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    I believe that there was an article in the outdoor photographer about taking abstract photos like the first two in the september issue. Anyway I could imagine the first one hanging in a starbucks but not my cup of tea (coffee). I also agree with skipp #3 I really do enjoy.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    #3 Dave
    THe other 2 are so abstract that it would have been difficult for me to know they represented fall colors had you not mentioned it. I really like the third one.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    Nice abstracts mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • dlibrachdlibrach Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    Thanks!
    Thanks everyone. I know that abstracts aren't everyone's cup of tea (or coffee :)) and I appreciate the comments.

Cheers,
    Dave