UMASS Hockey Weekend Photos

wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
edited October 17, 2006 in Sports
These are some photos from UMass Men's Ice Hockey from friday (against Sacred Heart and saturday against Clarkson)

It was nice t oget back in the rink again to shoot.

102824283-M-1.jpg

102762448-M-1.jpg

102765020-M-1.jpg

102772771-M-1.jpg

102783486-M-1.jpg

102540232-M-1.jpg

102794504-M.jpg

102798426-M-1.jpg

UMass won the first game tied the second.

You may notice some difference in the colors. The first 3 photos I did my typical white balance off the jerseys. Makes the jerseys nice and white and personnally I like the slightly yellow ice because I feel like it offsets the jerseys better and they stand out. The last 4 photos instead of white balancing I tried using the color grid on my 20d, I dont remeber what setting I used but I clearly went to magenta on it, which I can see now on my screen. Someday I will get my color issues and hockey straightened out.

I am open for comments or questions?

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited October 17, 2006
    Winger lives!!! wave.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Winger lives!!! wave.gif

Yes yes I do, and as soon as I stop driving a bus 70 hours a week I plan on diving into a book about photoshop!!!! clap.gif
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 17, 2006
    Karen,
    Hey, good to see some posts from you thumb.gif It is hockey. hockey, hockey season wings.gif

Personally, the yellow ice caught my attention right away. Maybe because of a haunting childhood memory....Laughing.gif

Seriously, I would suggest fixing it and it can be done in seconds. Just use an Adj Layer>Selective Color>Whites and take the yellow down about -40 or so. Erase what might have gotten too white, using the Layer mask. And boom, yer good ta go :D

original.jpg

Love the action clap.gif and look forward to a season full of hockey pics iloveyou.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited October 17, 2006
    winger wrote:
    Yes yes I do, and as soon as I stop driving a bus 70 hours a week I plan on diving into a book about photoshop!!!! clap.gif
    Ewww, driving? what gives down there???
    Erik

edited October 17, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Ewww, driving? what gives down there???

People are stupid many one person, people are being stupid about my job search.
    Really lots of people are annoying me lately :)
    edited October 17, 2006
    Karen,
    Hey, good to see some posts from you thumb.gif It is hockey. hockey, hockey season wings.gif

Personally, the yellow ice caught my attention right away. Maybe because of a haunting childhood memory....Laughing.gif

Seriously, I would suggest fixing it and it can be done in seconds. Just use an Adj Layer>Selective Color>Whites and take the yellow down about -40 or so. Erase what might have gotten too white, using the Layer mask. And boom, yer good ta go :D

original.jpg

Love the action clap.gif and look forward to a season full of hockey pics iloveyou.gif

Steve

Ok I think I have figured out one of my problems. I looked at this thread at work, and I could definatly see the yellow.
    But now that I am at home and on my laptop I am having a hard time seeing the difference.
    So my first question is how do I go about fixing the colors on my monitor, so they more accuratly reflect the colors of the photo?
    edited October 17, 2006
    it may be just your screen in general. I've got a color calibrating tool we could try out on your machine, but I say "in general" because at work, I see a much bigger difference on my big screen than I do on my itsy bitsy screen at home - even though I have calibrated both to the same "settings".
    Erik

edited October 17, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    it may be just your screen in general. I've got a color calibrating tool we could try out on your machine, but I say "in general" because at work, I see a much bigger difference on my big screen than I do on my itsy bitsy screen at home - even though I have calibrated both to the same "settings".

Yeah I am sort of glad that I at least figured where the yellow is coming from, i really can barely see the difference from the two now, and the one on the left certaintly doesnt look yellow, where at work, it defaintly did.

but I heart my 12 in screen :)