Options

how does one print cards for a customer? suggestions, please!?

rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
edited October 18, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
does anyone have experience have mpix in printing greeting cards? are they glossy? cause they have the best price BY FAR, all the others are upwards of $2 a print.

so if I decide to use that service, how do I do it for the customer? would I get them to tell me what picture they want, and order them myself, and charge them enough to where I get profit from the sell of the cards? for example, the cards for one set is $20, then I get them to tell me what picture they want, I order the cards, and charge them $30? is that how y'all do it?

I'd appreciate any help or advice! I've never been a photographer during christmas, and I'd like to tap into that market.

thanks!!!!!!!!

- rE
www.rossfrazier.com
www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
Infiniti QX4

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    If you are going to offer the service, then you want to make it easy for the customer. So yes, you have them tell you what they want, you produce the artwork to send to the printer, receive the order, proof it, and ship it to the customer. All of that takes your time, talent, and expence. So you need to find a price to charge that takes all of that into account and leaves you with profit at the end. It has to be worth you doing or else you won't do it for long.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie