how do i delete an empty gallery

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    leiftv wrote:
    how do i delete an empty gallery
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/online-photo-galleries

BTW, www.smugmug.com/help
    you can use the search box there, and it ONLY searches "help" on smugmug. I typed in "delete gallery" - just so you know thumb.gif
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2006
    Hey Andy,

This one just bit me... Appartently the gallery tools menu only shows up when you have photos in the gallery. If the gallery is empty, there is no gallery tools menu.

So we either need to have the help text updated to reflect this or change the code to display the gallery tools when a gallery is empty.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2006
    BeachBill wrote:
    If the gallery is empty, there is no gallery tools menu.
    I was thinking the same thing. Then I remembered this in my css : .nophotos {display: none;}. Took that out and found this on the bottom of the empty gallery.
    edited November 13, 2006
    richW wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing. Then I remembered this in my css : .nophotos {display: none;}. Took that out and found this on the bottom of the empty gallery.

Ah, good catch! Yes, I have that set to block the no photos message for all galleries. Looking at the source, I see that the "add photos", "customize gallery" and "delete gallery" buttons are wrapped in the nophotos div.

The "no photos" message is in an h3 tag, so you can change your .nophotos CSS to the following in order to get the control buttons back, but still prevent the "no photos" message from being displayed:
    /* Hide "this gallery has no photos */
    .nophotos h3 {
            display: none;
    }

Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2006
    BeachBill wrote:
    The "no photos" message is in an h3 tag, so you can change your .nophotos CSS to the following in order to get the control buttons back, but still prevent the "no photos" message from being displayed:
    /* Hide "this gallery has no photos */
    .nophotos h3 {
            display: none;
    }

Works great..Thanks..
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2006
    BeachBill wrote:
    Hey Andy,

This one just bit me... Appartently the gallery tools menu only shows up when you have photos in the gallery. If the gallery is empty, there is no gallery tools menu.

So we either need to have the help text updated to reflect this or change the code to display the gallery tools when a gallery is empty.
    Glad you sorted this out :D
    edited November 14, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Glad you sorted this out :D

Andy, I did a search and found that the question about removing/hiding the "This is a brand new gallery with no photos" question keeps coming up over and over again (most recently within the past two weeks). I know you mention it indirectly via your FAQ (in the question about creating an HTML only page).

I just posted a new thread explaining the issue discussed in this thread and included updated examples for removing the "no photos" text but keeping the control buttons. I was wondering if you would add a new entry to your FAQ that directly references "How can I remove the 'This is a brand new gallery with no photos' message?" with a link to my post?

Hopefully this will cut down on all of the questions about it.

Thanks!