"Cuffed Car"

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited October 19, 2006 in Holy Macro
Howdy friend!

Finaly, after 2,5 months we got our car, a V70 -02, back from the workshop. It was stolen, found a week later, totaly demolished - but not quiiiite so much that it had to be scrapped, according to the insurance company. The final cost, that our insurance covered of course, ended up at 6 664,89 USD. To me that was the worst scenario, I had hoped it would turn up in perfect condition, or not at all. Well! Well!
I picked it up yesterday. This morning I was taking a bath with my two sons, Liam 3 year and Elliot 1,5 year. I told them about the car, and Liam got so happy! He was playing with an old toy car (that I used to play with at his age) and suddenly he handed it like this to me and said "Daddy, I have locked the car so no one can steal it again!"
Those are the moments....

Regards / Matty

103481378-O.jpg

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    Sorry to hear about the car Matty but your son is just adorable. Thanks for sharing your story. Nice capture of your locked car to.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    thumb.gif those are the times that you always remember iloveyou.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    elfving73 wrote:
    Howdy friend!

Finaly, after 2,5 months we got our car, a V70 -02, back from the workshop. It was stolen, found a week later, totaly demolished - but not quiiiite so much that it had to be scrapped, according to the insurance company. The final cost, that our insurance covered of course, ended up at 6 664,89 USD. To me that was the worst scenario, I had hoped it would turn up in perfect condition, or not at all. Well! Well!
    I picked it up yesterday. This morning I was taking a bath with my two sons, Liam 3 year and Elliot 1,5 year. I told them about the car, and Liam got so happy! He was playing with an old toy car (that I used to play with at his age) and suddenly he handed it like this to me and said "Daddy, I have locked the car so no one can steal it again!"

Regards / Matty

Cute story, great photo. Can you back up about 4 feet and show us a shot of your studio set up? I have been doing some of the same things and would love to see how you did it........

100715390-M.jpg
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    Kids say and do the funniest things! What a great shot for remembering! :D
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    elfving73 wrote:
    Howdy friend!

Regards / Matty

103481378-Th.jpg
    That's just too cute iloveyou.gif and a great shot too thumb.gif
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    elfving73 wrote:
    Howdy friend!

Regards / Matty

Sorry to hear about your car Matty, people who steal just don't care do they ne_nau.gif hope they catch them.

The little VW looks well used and been through some rough times with the kids by the looks of it :D thats a really cool shot Matty.

Thanks for sharing........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    :D very nice photo and story
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    Thank you, Nick! Well, it's back now, and what is't been through doesn't show, but still..... but hey, who am I to complain, the world is full of people with considerable bigger problem!

Matty
    gluwater wrote:
    Sorry to hear about the car Matty but your son is just adorable. Thanks for sharing your story. Nice capture of your locked car to.
    edited October 19, 2006
    Jepp! Since being a father, I have grown much "softer". Haha! As for an example, if I'm at work, and things are going slow, and I have time to think, and when "comments" like this suddenly pop up in my head, dang if my eyes doesn't wettens up a little of love and happyness!

Matty

jwear wrote:
    thumb.gif those are the times that you always remember iloveyou.gif
    edited October 19, 2006
    Thank you, Ivar! thumb.gif
    ivar wrote:
    That's just too cute iloveyou.gif and a great shot too thumb.gif
    edited October 19, 2006
    Thank you! Hehe! Simple! My boys was still in the tub, so I had to stay in there. I simply took the "cuffed car" and put in the toilet lid. Then I used my 70-300 (cam on tripod) and took a shot at 300 mm, using the built-in flash - wham bam straight on! That's it! :D

Matty
    edited October 19, 2006
    I know (can't know for sure, but still I know) that it was kids from the area. On regular basis, they steal cars and use them for illegal Streetraces just a few minutes away from here. It's so out of controll! There has even been fatal incidents. And as usuall there is no one who can do anytning about it.... it's all about priority.

Matty
    Skippy wrote:
    Sorry to hear about your car Matty, people who steal just don't care do they ne_nau.gif hope they catch them.

The little VW looks well used and been through some rough times with the kids by the looks of it :D thats a really cool shot Matty.

Thanks for sharing........ Skippy (Australia)