Options

76 Possible entry..

Cammie74Cammie74 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited October 21, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is going to be my entry for 76.

Took a photo of my eye last night, and a street by my house this morning. Then photo shopped them together to make this creation.
My view of the world from the inside out. Hope it's not too wierd for this challenge.

Not quite sure yet how to attach photos so, here's to hoping this works and it shows up.

Hello to everyone at digital grin too, I'm fairly new, and this is my first photo entry.

Comments

• Options
    aecarpaecarp Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited October 18, 2006
    Cammie74 wrote:
    This is going to be my entry for 76.

Took a photo of my eye last night, and a street by my house this morning. Then photo shopped them together to make this creation.
    My view of the world from the inside out. Hope it's not too wierd for this challenge.

Not quite sure yet how to attach photos so, here's to hoping this works and it shows up.

Hello to everyone at digital grin too, I'm fairly new, and this is my first photo entry.
    Very interesting concept. The photo could really use some smoothing and better transitioning between the two photos, to give it a more natural feel.

- Alex
  • Options
    GranitGranit Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    I agree, the transition is too "perfect", smudging it a bit could help.
  • Options
    UT ScottUT Scott Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    I agree with the smoothing of the transition, also what about giving the "inside" more of a reddish color (i'm not sure why, I just think it would work). I'm not sure about all the black arround the whole picture, maybe a crop just to get rid of all the black space.

Great "eye"dea! thumb.gif
    (I know, bad joke)
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2006
    Thanks for the ideas, I did smooth it a bit, and added a little more red to the tint.

I didn't want to chop off too much, but cropping a little more of the black does make it look better.

I should have started with a bigger file size I guess.

Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2006
    Finished look after edits
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 18, 2006
    I think the concept is great but the photo is not working for me at all. To me it's two bad photos combined rather crudely. The major issue for me is that the eye has no light or detail. Look here for great eye shots. I also feel that you could use a real reflection rather than trying to PS in an obviously fake reflection. If you do PS in a pic try and use a shape that is not a perfect circle as the reflection in an eye is never circular. I would try to get a shot of the eye with some sort of reflection in it, then mask the shape of the reflection exactly and try to layer in the new pic. This seems to me to be a very sophisticated trick to do in PS. Good luck and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2006
    That is a wonderful observation about the light, and color. I welcome all comments.

Although in this case, this is a view from the inside of my eye to the outside world, like being in my head, and looking out. I'm not sure you would get much color besides tones of red and, pink.(Gruesome I know, but hey, that's me) :D

The reflection in the middle, is actually the way my street looks when a photo is taken through a very small hole in a cardboard piece, about the size of my pupil, just to give me an idea of what looking through a pupil in that way would look like.

I still don't like the shock of contrast between the eye inside and the street photo, i'm rethinking the middle, maybe something darker, or tone the brightness on the street photo down...hmmm
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    The image viewed through the eye needs to change. The road is rather boring. Maybe a flower, landscape, or another person would be more interesting

Though you took the picture through a small hole, that is not how we see things- I think it should be a wider angle image.

Grab a fisheye lens and blend that picture in to the center of the eye- that would look very cool!

I think you could crop in much further and the concept will still come across as well as allow a larger image in the center.

If my memory from 9th grade biology our eyes actually see the light reversed and upside down. Try spinning the inner image and see how it looks.

Good idea- look forward to the final version!

Aaron
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2006
    This is a concept I was thinking of.... you are close ... just a bit cleaner, the egdges are too hard. Keep up the good work you are just about there!