Options

how to get crumple shrinkle in the US

adhikunadhikun Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 19, 2006 in Accessories
Hey folks

I'm trying to get the Crumpler Shrinkle in the US. It's not listed on the crumpler usa website. Anyone know where and how to get one? One eBay seller has it for $140 and charges another $140 in shipping which is ridiculous
also, have you 1D owners try the Crumpler bags? How do they fit? Does the quality exceed Lowepro or Kata?

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited October 18, 2006
    Coincidentally, I was thinking of putting mine up for sale this week. Watch the flea market.

I've downgraded my kit, which is why I'm gonna let it go, but I used to have a D2H, D70, and a big 70-200VR lens - they all fit comfortably in the Schrinkle. See my review here:
    http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1100013
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    how much do these bags go for?

will it fit a 17" laptop?
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    how much do these bags go for?

will it fit a 17" laptop?
    17"... hmm, I'm not sure if a 17 would fit in my bag. But then again, since the Shrinkle is discontinued, don't worry about it. The replacement is the either the Keystone or the Whickey and Cox, not sure. You can check them out at www.crumplerbags.com, all of the new photo backpacks are ~$200.
    Erik

• Options
    adhikunadhikun Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 19, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    17"... hmm, I'm not sure if a 17 would fit in my bag. But then again, since the Shrinkle is discontinued, don't worry about it. The replacement is the either the Keystone or the Whickey and Cox, not sure. You can check them out at www.crumplerbags.com, all of the new photo backpacks are ~$200.

What's the condition of your shrinkle? How long have you had it for? Make me an offer, Doc. If not, how does the flea mkt work? Is that similar to craigslist?

Have you tried the Keystone or the W&C? How do they compare to your Shrinkle?
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2006
    adhikun wrote:
    What's the condition of your shrinkle? How long have you had it for? Make me an offer, Doc. If not, how does the flea mkt work? Is that similar to craigslist?

Have you tried the Keystone or the W&C? How do they compare to your Shrinkle?
    I haven't tried the new backpacks. But here's a review from another dgrinner on the Karachi Outpost: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=12939

The Karachi is currently the biggest bag - Keystone and W&C are the same design. The sizes correspond to 12", 15" and 17" laptops. The only difference between the "new" bags and the Shrinkle is that the pockets on the front are different. I have 2 pockets on the front, 1 on the side, and a tripod strap on the side. The new ones have only 1 pocket up front (I think) and the tripod strap up front. From the back, the straps are the same, the rear-loading is the same, inner dividers same, and laptop holder same.

I'll send you a PM with a price.
    Erik