Leah at the Pumkin Patch

JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited October 18, 2006 in People
My 1 YO daughter Leah has always been a real challenge to get good shots of. We were at the the pumpkin patch the other day and I finally got some shots of her I really like. Turns out if I just let her do her thing and keep my distance, look what happens. Thanks for looking......John

102089226-M.jpg

102090430-M.jpg

102094964-M.jpg

Comments

• OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    Last one is a keeper. clap.gif
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    I really like the expression in the 2nd one...at first I thought #3 was the better shot but personality wise, its definitely #2.

What a fun age. You've discovered the double-edged sword with shooting children (gosh that sounds violenteek7.gif)....noninterference does the trick every time. I don't know what gear you're using, but for me the 20D's 5fps is a godsend when it comes to capturing kids! now if I can just get that 70-200 2.8 to fit in the budget... :)

......but I digress, very adorable little girl, and you did a great job on the (tough) exposure.clap.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    urbanaries wrote:
    ...double-edged sword with shooting children (gosh that sounds violenteek7.gif)
    :lol4

These are GREAT shots! I might crop the first one a little closer from the bottom and left since you want her face to show up more and not so much the foreground... Soooo cute!

The second one really shows so much personality! I'd love to see it in B&W to see if it removes some of the distraction of the background.... I love the color, though, so it might not work!

The third is just precious! I love it! (The blue thing behind her is a bit distracting, though.)

Wow! You have a major cutie to work with... So sweet! You found the secret I've found... let kids be kids and you get the absolute best shots! These are really awesome! Love 'em! clap.gifclap.gif

(I hope you didn't mind the CC... :D I never know if I should or not when someone doesn't ask.)