Options

Move Photos to 2nd Smugmug Account

Moon MullenMoon Mullen Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited October 19, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Has anyone opened a 2nd smugmug account and moved large number of galleries from the original site to a new site? Is there anyway to automate the movement of the galleries, descriptions and keywords. I have 62 galleries with close to 3,000 photos all containing keywords that I input using the bulk keyword feature.

All of these are photos I took for a Catholic newspaper and I recently bought a domain name that I want to use to point people to these photos. I am already using another domain name to for my smugmug site that has a mixture of personal and business photos. I'd like to separate my business and personal photos.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

www.moonmullenphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    I would contact smugmug via their help email (help@smugmug.com) and give them the details of your two accounts. I know they have done this for others in the past - they should be able to help you.

thumb.gif
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    I let a friend put a gallery on my site once, and when he got his own account we had smugmug help folks move it over. It was painless, just drop them an email.deal.gif
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    CSwinton wrote:
    I would contact smugmug via their help email (help@smugmug.com) and give them the details of your two accounts. I know they have done this for others in the past - they should be able to help you.
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    I let a friend put a gallery on my site once, and when he got his own account we had smugmug help folks move it over. It was painless, just drop them an email.deal.gif
    15524779-Ti.gif

Email us http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal with the old and new account name, and the galleries you want moved, and we'll do it for you thumb.gif
    Note: we can move them for you, but we are not able to copy them.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    Moon MullenMoon Mullen Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    Will Do
    Thank you for the quick response. I set up a 2nd account and will contact help to move the galleries.thumb.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    Thank you for the quick response. I set up a 2nd account and will contact help to move the galleries.thumb.gif
    wave.gif Moon, que pasa?

:D