All in a days work!

MyViewMyView Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
edited October 19, 2006 in People
So we poured the concrete slab for our garage this past weekend. And since my 2 year old son is all about his tools and construction work, he thought he'd be a great asset to the job. I didn't have tons of shooting opporunity, since he really wasn't a huge help, but here's some I did get.

C&C always welcome.

"Sometimes you just gotta get dirty"
102612286-M.jpg

"ok, so that's how it's done"
102612272-M.jpg

"No Dad, this is how it's done"
102612277-M.jpg

"If you want something done right, sometimes you just gotta do it yourself"
102612274-M.jpg

"hey, you talking to me"
102612279-M.jpg
Lissa
www.photosbylissa.com
www.photosbylissa.blogspot.com

Gear
Nikon D200
Nikon D70
Nikon N70
Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
Nikkor 50mm f1.8
Tamron 28-75 f2.8
Nikkor 18-70
Tamron 75-300
SB-600

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    MyView wrote:
    So we poured the concrete slab for our garage this past weekend. And since my 2 year old son is all about his tools and construction work, he thought he'd be a great asset to the job. I didn't have tons of shooting opporunity, since he really wasn't a huge help, but here's some I did get.

C&C always welcome.

"Sometimes you just gotta get dirty"
    102612286-M.jpg

"ok, so that's how it's done"
    102612272-M.jpg

"No Dad, this is how it's done"
    102612277-M.jpg

"If you want something done right, sometimes you just gotta do it yourself"
    102612274-M.jpg

"hey, you talking to me"
    102612279-M.jpg

A little more C7C this time.

First one pretty good. If shot from lower angle and got that famous kid jean butt to go with the boots it would be GREAT!

2 and 3 are just adorable and definetly keepers. Print and frame those for your husband to hang in the garage above his tool box.

Fourth one would be better with just your son. Would your husband mind if you PS'd him out?

Great Job and a great story to tell later on.

Aaron
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • MyViewMyView Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    I completely have to agree that I wish I would've shot this from a lower angle, if only the stupid concrete truck could've gotten out of my way behind me. lol I hate it when you look back and go, shit, what if!

I am going to have to test my PS skills and photoshop my husband out, he won't care and I agree, it would look so much better without him in it. It hadn't even crossed my mind. Thanks!

Thanks for the C&C, always apprecaited. And I will have to print those for my husband, I hadn't thought to do that either. lol

Edited to add...

Ok, So I took my husband out... do you think this is believable?
    103706469-M.jpg

Forgot I had this view also
    103705486-M.jpg
    Lissa
    www.photosbylissa.com

Gear
    Nikon D200
    Nikon D70
    Nikon N70
    Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f1.8
    Tamron 28-75 f2.8
    Nikkor 18-70
    Tamron 75-300
    SB-600
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    MyView wrote:
    I completely have to agree that I wish I would've shot this from a lower angle, if only the stupid concrete truck could've gotten out of my way behind me. lol I hate it when you look back and go, shit, what if!

I am going to have to test my PS skills and photoshop my husband out, he won't care and I agree, it would look so much better without him in it. It hadn't even crossed my mind. Thanks!

Thanks for the C&C, always apprecaited. And I will have to print those for my husband, I hadn't thought to do that either. lol

Edited to add...

Ok, So I took my husband out... do you think this is believable?
    103706469-M.jpg

Forgot I had this view also
    103705486-M.jpg

I think you did a great job on PSing and like the shot! And this new one of his backside is the best of the series IMO....very very cute, nice job. The colors are great, looks like it was overcast :)

lynne
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • MyViewMyView Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    Lynne - thanks so much. The day was overcast and cold, but I'm glad it was overcast, made it much easier to take pictures. lol Thanks on the colors, I have been trying really hard to get my colors to pop, though I know I have a long ways to go, I think I'm getting better.

I can't believe I had overlooked the last back/butt shot, I just needed to clone out some distractions, other legs, but that was it. I also like this shot much better. lol

Thanks!
    Lissa
    www.photosbylissa.com

Gear
    Nikon D200
    Nikon D70
    Nikon N70
    Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f1.8
    Tamron 28-75 f2.8
    Nikkor 18-70