quiet afternoon

frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
edited October 20, 2006 in People
tried out a gold reflector for the first time......sunlight from the right, reflector on the left... C & C welcome.......
102163562-M.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    The light is very well done! Good on you! I grabbed a copy of your original to look at it a little close and I really like the way you were able to fill the shadows on her face without completely over-doing it.

I know your purpose was to work with the light, but FWIW, the focus is a bit off. Your focus plane intersects with her shins rather than with her eyes.
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    Thanks Scott.... I have been having problems with focusing particularly at f2.8 and below... I'm pretty sure I focused on the eyes..... a couple of my shots have come out this way where the focus seems to be forward of where I thought I was focusing, doesn't seem to be consistent so I'm not sure if its the camera or its just me!!! ne_nau.gif ... do you know of an easy way I can test this....
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    frg wrote:
    Thanks Scott.... I have been having problems with focusing particularly at f2.8 and below... I'm pretty sure I focused on the eyes..... a couple of my shots have come out this way where the focus seems to be forward of where I thought I was focusing, doesn't seem to be consistent so I'm not sure if its the camera or its just me!!! ne_nau.gif ... do you know of an easy way I can test this....
    You've no doubt heard that "search is your friend" Well, a quick google on the two words focus and test provided this as the first link. Check it out.