The lastest on converting video files

NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
edited October 19, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have some wmv and mov video files. I understand I need to convert these files to mpeg-1 files before I can upload them to Smugmug. I did a search and I did find some threads about this topic, but I'm looking for some new information.

What software do I use to convert these files? I'm specifically looking for free software. I don't want to spend any more money for software that will perform this one task. Uploading to Smugug would be the only reason I would ever need to convert these files, and I just don't want to spend more money for that task.

Also, what is the exact mpeg-1 file extension - mpg1, mpeg1 or mpg that is compatible with Smugmug?

Thanks!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    NikonGirl wrote:
    I have some wmv and mov video files. I understand I need to convert these files to mpeg-1 files before I can upload them to Smugmug. I did a search and I did find some threads about this topic, but I'm looking for some new information.

What software do I use to convert these files? I'm specifically looking for free software. I don't want to spend any more money for software that will perform this one task. Uploading to Smugug would be the only reason I would ever need to convert these files, and I just don't want to spend more money for that task.

Also, what is the exact mpeg-1 file extension - mpg1, mpeg1 or mpg that is compatible with Smugmug?

Thanks!

Hi Yolanda,

Here is the info you seek:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/video-clips-online

AFAIK, the file ext is .mpg :)