Options

What's with the name?

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited October 20, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
When a company wants to buy your print (just a print, they have it framed, matted, etc.), how do you ensure your name is there, so the visitors would know it's YOU? :scratch
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    When a company wants to buy your print (just a print, they have it framed, matted, etc.), how do you ensure your name is there, so the visitors would know it's YOU? headscratch.gif

Do a white border around the print and include in small text your name and copyright and website. If its not obnoxious looking I think it works.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    you could do a watermark in the bottom corner. that would be less obtrucive. OR, you could get them to send you the matte and you sign it in the bottom right corner...

- rE
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    When a company wants to buy your print (just a print, they have it framed, matted, etc.), how do you ensure your name is there, so the visitors would know it's YOU? headscratch.gif

You might consider asking them if they would like the print signed, and / or have the image printed with a white border on the bottom providing you an area to sign. Ensure you make the border large enough to accommodate both your signature and the aprox 1/8" matt overlap.

Sam
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    Sam,
    Sam wrote:
    You might consider asking them if they would like the print signed, and / or have the image printed with a white border on the bottom providing you an area to sign. Ensure you make the border large enough to accommodate both your signature and the aprox 1/8" matt overlap.

Sam

It's a good idea, I thought of it too. Since it's them who gonna matt it, I need to know the size of borders anyway... thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"