"Jaque Williams"

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited October 19, 2006 in People
This is the 4th time I've shot this man. Today he hasked me if I'd send him some prints. So after 4 months of silence we introduced oursleves today. Needless to say I'll be sending him a nice array of pics for his cooperation.

Testing my new 10-22 today was cool. The lens requires you to get so close that it was really a fun adventure. I'm pretty happy with the results seeing as I had no idea what the lens was going to do. It's really a very nice piece of glass that will be a hoot to toy with as it forces you to think about the shot on the low end of the focal range. This shot was handheld, 1/30s @ 10mm. EXIF

103823234-L.jpg

Comments

• Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    I like this style of photography but would like to see his face a bit brighter. I know what you mean about the distance when shooting with wide angle lenses.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 19, 2006
    The sun was not cooperating today. The light was non-existant but I was really just trying to get my head around the new lens and see what it can and can't do. It's much crisper than I had anticipated.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    This is such a fun shot! I think it could be a little stronger with him at the 1/3 point...

A few things to try out with a lens like this (I have a Sigma 12-24, which is a blast and really wonderful) are a flash with a diffuser and getting the focus down into the corner. It does cause a lot of distortion, but I just think it's a blast to play around with. I have a few examples like here and 103873836-Th.jpg. (Click the on the thumbnail for a large version - not trying to hijack your post.) In the second image, you can see how the flash only lights up what's in the middle - in this case, my daughter. (Your flash may work different and may go wider.) I can make for some interested effects. They aren't awesome shots, but might give you some interesting ideas. Hope you don't mind... If you want me to take this stuff off, let me know.

I can't wait to see what else you come up with! You'll really love your new lens once you get used to it... I do!
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 19, 2006
    All good Andi. Never would have even though about the flash effect you described. I can allready think of ways to play with that. It was cool to go out and not really know what I was going to get today. New toys are fun.