Sofia Does Perfume Commercial

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited October 22, 2006 in People
Hello friends!

Had a shoot with my colleague Sofia this afternoon, just for the fun of it. At the end of the session, we sorta freaked out a little, "let's try to do a cheezy commercial for something" kind of. *Haha* So, these was the two last frames tonight.... it's meant to be you know, a bit exaggerated in a slight parody way. :o)
Regards / Matty

103849632-O.jpg

103852367-O.jpg

Comments

• STLMach1STLMach1 Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    Definitely a bit over-exaggerated but oddly, I somewhat like these shots. I think had she held the bottle a bit differently, her fingers wouldn't be so awkwardly positioned but for the most part, they're cool shots!

Michael
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    These are so much fun! I am really loving them! I think if you fixed up the minor font a bit (it's too choppy), they would be great as a post for giggles and grins.

Gorgeous girl and wonderful photos!
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    Beautiful girl, great exposure. I find her molars in the first image distracting. Maybe not have her open her mouth so much? Another nit-pick, she could use some longer finger nails.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    I like the first shot a lot. It is dynamic, it is fun and it is clearly complimentary relationship between the model and the perfume.

What I did notice and this is to no derement, is the asymetry of the eyes. I have had a similar experiece with a very well known model - I took a lot of photos and could not use any of them as the asymetry was too evident in each one.
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    What I did notice and this is to no derement, is the asymetry of the eyes. I have had a similar experiece with a very well known model - I took a lot of photos and could not use any of them as the asymetry was too evident in each one.

Ted, I am not sure exactly what you mean by this?
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    Very cool!

The second one looks like she's giving us the finger!

:D
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    JimM wrote:

In the first shot, it looks like her left eye is open wider (or it's just bigger) than her right eye. I didn't notice this until I read Ted's message...

Cool shots, Matty... #2 looks like it should be in some Hollywood magazine...
    Chris
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    Great shots (for fun) Matty! I really like the lighting and exposure in the first shot and the pose in the 2nd is really clever (I agree with DavidTo's assessment of the shot!) She's a beautiful girl and if these were actual advertisements, I'm sure you could have "tweaked" her assymetrical eyes in PS, etc., etc., etc. But she actually has great skin, hair and eye color and probably would be a dream to work with. thumb.gif
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    Jim, this is quite natural and common and especially manifested during a laughter or cry. Each eye opens or closes to a different degree and unfortunatly in photography it looks like the model had to differently shaped eyes. The model I was referring to was doing this when she was nervous - facing big audience.
    JimM wrote:
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    Thank you, Michael!
    You know, this was just for fun, but we did spend a minute or two trying to find a good way to hold and present the bottle. But dang, it's not all that easy to make it look gracil and in the same time expose as much of the bottle as possible. Kuddos to all great models! bowdown.gif

Matty
    STLMach1 wrote:
    Definitely a bit over-exaggerated but oddly, I somewhat like these shots. I think had she held the bottle a bit differently, her fingers wouldn't be so awkwardly positioned but for the most part, they're cool shots!

Michael
    edited October 20, 2006
    Thank you! Haha! You know, this was meant as parody on commercial, so we did exaggregate it as much as possible. That's why opens her mouth so much! Yepp, longer fingernails would do the trick, but I guess you can't have it all! haha!

Matty
    JimM wrote:
    Beautiful girl, great exposure. I find her molars in the first image distracting. Maybe not have her open her mouth so much? Another nit-pick, she could use some longer finger nails.
    edited October 20, 2006
    Thank you, Ted!
    Yes, I noticed that too, and so did she when we where glancing through the pics. She wasn't aware of that since before. Well, guess there's nothing much to do about it. The eyes doesn't look asymetric on every pic.

Matty

I like the first shot a lot. It is dynamic, it is fun and it is clearly complimentary relationship between the model and the perfume.

edited October 20, 2006
    Thanx! Hehe! So you say, so you saaay! mwink.gif

Matty
    DavidTO wrote:
    Very cool!

The second one looks like she's giving us the finger!

:D
    edited October 20, 2006
    Hehe! Well, Ted is the one to blame then! rolleyes1.gif

Thank you!
    ChrisJ wrote:
    In the first shot, it looks like her left eye is open wider (or it's just bigger) than her right eye. I didn't notice this until I read Ted's message...

Cool shots, Matty... #2 looks like it should be in some Hollywood magazine...
    edited October 20, 2006
    Thank you! Yepp, that would have been easily done! Or, I would have chosen another pic, because I took quite many, and she doesn't show off this asymetri on many pictures. It comes and goes.

Matty

saurora wrote:
    Great shots (for fun) Matty! I really like the lighting and exposure in the first shot and the pose in the 2nd is really clever (I agree with DavidTo's assessment of the shot!) She's a beautiful girl and if these were actual advertisements, I'm sure you could have "tweaked" her assymetrical eyes in PS, etc., etc., etc. But she actually has great skin, hair and eye color and probably would be a dream to work with. thumb.gif
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited October 21, 2006
    Fun stuff and nicely done!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2006
    Very nice, Matty!
    Your colleague looks like fun to work with:-)thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"