Basketball Pictures Problems

SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
edited October 20, 2006 in Sports
My son will soon be playing high school basketball and I'd like to take some really great pictures of him playing. So what's the problem???...the lighting in the high school gym is horrible...couple that with the high fast pace of a game, and I've got a problem. Can someone please tell me, (in laymon terms) what I should have my camera set to? I have a great camera (Nikon D100), and I have a fairly good len.

I would truly like your advice as to what I should do.

Thanks
Seneca:click

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 20, 2006
    Hello Seneca,
    The D100 should work, if the ISO1600 noise is tolerable ne_nau.gif You will probably need an F1.8 or F2.0 lens to get the highest possible speeds. Fortunately, Nikon and Canon make really nice (and affordable) F1.8 85mm primes thumb.gif

This tute might help :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    Steve...

Thanks so much for the information. This is exactly what I'm talking about. The 3rd picture in the article is what I deal with...it's horrible. However this article is a great piece...thanks so much for taking the time in advising me.

You're awesome. bowdown.gif

Take care,
    Seneca

Hello Seneca,
    The D100 should work, if the ISO1600 noise is tolerable ne_nau.gif You will probably need an F1.8 or F2.0 lens to get the highest possible speeds. Fortunately, Nikon and Canon make really nice (and affordable) F1.8 85mm primes thumb.gif

This tute might help :D

Steve
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 20, 2006
    Seneca wrote:
    Steve...

Thanks so much for the information. This is exactly what I'm talking about. The 3rd picture in the article is what I deal with...it's horrible. However this article is a great piece...thanks so much for taking the time in advising me.

You're awesome. bowdown.gif

Take care,
    Seneca

Thanks Seneca :D That's what Digital Grin is all about. Helping others and a community of passionate people sharing our love for photography wings.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero