By the fountain

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited October 21, 2006 in People
By-The-Fountain-IMG_7847.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=7dc903a15660a2848c18ea9f1d9c85eb
This homeless man was admiring Charlie, the pavement artist near the fountain at Sydney’s Martin Place.
Click on the image or the link to see a bigger photograph

Comments

• Steven_EJSteven_EJ Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited October 20, 2006
    Nice b&w. I imagine this type of shot would have been tough to get a slow shutter speed flowing water type thing going as it probably woud have required a tripod. Your subject might not be so patient :)
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    Actually even if I could hold it a bit longer I wouldn't. I really dislike the flowing effect in so many water shots as it turns water into plastic. I guess it is a personal preference in the end.
    Steven_EJ wrote:
    Nice b&w. I imagine this type of shot would have been tough to get a slow shutter speed flowing water type thing going as it probably would have required a tripod. Your subject might not be so patient :)
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 20, 2006
    I like the shot though I want more of the face toward the lens. The water has all the texture here, making the man seem very smooth which strikes me as ironic given his circumstances.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2006
    Chad, one of the comments I got on the very issue was that because of the crist texture in the water the man appears OOF. It is interestig how human eye and brain perceives things.
    truth wrote:
    I like the shot though I want more of the face toward the lens. The water has all the texture here, making the man seem very smooth which strikes me as ironic given his circumstances.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 21, 2006
    I don't feel that he's OOF really, it's just that in relation to the intensity of the cryataline water he feels ver smooth, especially in his pants and shirt. They look like butter soft cotton. I thought it a nice contrast to the unusual level of charachter and texture found in the clothes in these types of pics.