Suppressing captions in thumbnail views

beast625beast625 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited November 3, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I apologize if this has been posted - I searched the forum and viewed the customization FAQ and did not see it discussed.

I would like to caption a photo, but have the caption only show up on the full image view (the screen where captions can be added) and not the gallery thumbnail view. Currently, when I add a caption, it appears in both views. I like the clean look of the uncaptioned thumbnails, but would like to include a caption in the view after the thumbnail is selected.

Can captions be suppressed from the gallery view? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 20, 2006
    I am not sure I understand your question. The only way I can get captions to show under my thumbs is to view the gallery in "Traditional" style. All other gallery view styles, do not show captions under the thumbs.

At least they don't for me ne_nau.gif

If you can give us a link to the gallery you are referring to, that would be helpful :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    Something like this:
    .caption{display: none !important;}
    #singleImage .caption {display: block !important;}
    Maybe??
  • beast625beast625 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    I am not sure I understand your question. The only way I can get captions to show under my thumbs is to view the gallery in "Traditional" style. All other gallery view styles, do not show captions under the thumbs.

At least they don't for me ne_nau.gif

If you can give us a link to the gallery you are referring to, that would be helpful :D

Steve

Thanks Steve. Unfortunately, "Traditional" style is the style I am using. Is there any way to suppress the captions under the gallery thumbs in the traditional view? I would prefer not to change styles. Thanks for your help.

www.craigboudreaux.com
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 20, 2006
    beast625 wrote:
    Thanks Steve. Unfortunately, "Traditional" style is the style I am using. Is there any way to suppress the captions under the gallery thumbs in the traditional view? I would prefer not to change styles. Thanks for your help.

www.craigboudreaux.com

Darn. That's what I figured headscratch.gif The thumbs in Traditional style are a little larger than the normal thumbs. Maybe this has something to do with why the caption only displays, under the thumbs, when using this style.

Hopefully one of the code wizards will pop in with a line of code to address this. I am not sure whether Rich's suggestion will work for thumbs only. I am a code noob rolleyes1.gif

But I shore can cook rolleyes1.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    beast625 wrote:

www.craigboudreaux.com
    Hi Craig,

add this to your CSS:

#traditional .caption {display: none;}

You can see it in action here (I added a caption to the first pic here):
    http://www.craigboudreaux.com/gallery/1755277

Holler with any questions!
  • beast625beast625 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 3, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Craig,

add this to your CSS:

#traditional .caption {display: none;}

You can see it in action here (I added a caption to the first pic here):
    http://www.craigboudreaux.com/gallery/1755277

Holler with any questions!

That did it Andy! You guys are great. Thanks.