need help with organizing galleries/catagories

blondeblonde Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited October 20, 2006 in SmugMug Support
hi guys,

i need some help with reorganizing my site. i am not sure why but i made the mistake of creating galleries within the catagories even though there was no need for it. for example, if you go to my site and go to the macro gallery or product shots catagory, you will notice that there is only one gallery within it. what i want to do is move the photos from the gallery into the cattagory itself so when you click on products shots, you will see all the images without having to enter another gallery. how can i do that?

my site is:

www.blonde.smugmug.com

thanks

Snir

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 20, 2006
    blonde wrote:
    hi guys,

i need some help with reorganizing my site. i am not sure why but i made the mistake of creating galleries within the catagories even though there was no need for it. for example, if you go to my site and go to the macro gallery or product shots catagory, you will notice that there is only one gallery within it. what i want to do is move the photos from the gallery into the cattagory itself so when you click on products shots, you will see all the images without having to enter another gallery. how can i do that?

my site is:

www.blonde.smugmug.com

thanks

Snir

Snir,
    I don't think you made a mistake. I, for one, sure don't know how to create a gallery without tying it to a Catagory ne_nau.gif

I like to think of it as a filing system, or tree. Catagories>Sub-Catagories>Galleries. Can't have a Sub-Category without a Catagory and can't have a Gallery without a Catagory.

You can bypass the Catagory/Sub-Catagory part of the tree, by selecting "display:galleries" instead of "display:catagories". Depending on the number of galleries you have, this may clutter your homepage.

Maybe someone smarter can give you (and me :-) a better understanding :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • blondeblonde Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    thanks man, i was afraid that this was the case :( i really don't like the way it is now but it is way better than displaying all my galleries which will be very cluttered...