Sofia Works The Red Collar

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited October 28, 2006 in People
Howdy friends!

Yet another few pics from the photosession with my colleague Sofia. We had a great shoot. We dídn't take it to seriously and we just improvised as we went along, shooting in her 1 room flat. We've planned to do this a long time, but since we're colleagues, mostly when I'm not working, she is and the other way around.
For these pics, I used a 90x90 cm softbox infront, slightly on her left and a umbrella from behind, high, slightly on her right. Just wanted to share! C&C are welcome!

Regards / Matty

104041351-O.jpg

104041395-O.jpg

104041257-O.jpg

104041434-O.jpg

104041309-O.jpg

Comments

• gpphotosgpphotos Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    i think i like the last one the best...it looks like a very natural, fun shot.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    #2 and #5 have my vote. Between these shots and the perfume shots, one has to conclude that this lady really likes to laugh and have fun. There is nothing timid about her laughing/smiling face! Just love that kind of spirit!
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    She is a natural, photogenic beauty.

That last shot is fun. Very coy. I like it.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    Very nice! Love the last shot in particular! thumb.gif
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    I would have raised the softbox up slightly and moved it a bit further back - for catchlight purposes. The colorbalance is a bit warm but it suits the subject, IMO. Beautiful shots otherwise.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2006
    Hey Matty, I saw this post in the canon forum and was waiting for it to arrive here. It's fun series and I absolutely adore the last one.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 21, 2006
    Gorgeous model and pics, but is that the outline of the softbox creating the perfect square in her eyes? Looks a little odd. Look at the diiference between the reflections in her eyes from this shoot...

103849632-O.jpg
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2006
    Well, that's because on this pic, the softbox is the actuall backdrop, and the headlight source is an silver umbrella infront on her left, and if you look carefully, you'll see reflections from a reflector, placed low on her right - that's why the catchlight looks different to the other, were the softbox is the headlight and the umbrella is for hairlight.

Matty

truth wrote:
    Gorgeous model and pics, but is that the outline of the softbox creating the perfect square in her eyes? Looks a little odd. Look at the diiference between the reflections in her eyes from this shoot...

103849632-O.jpg
    edited October 21, 2006
    Thanx! We had a great shoot, and I think she did great for being the first time infront of the camera.

Matty
    gpphotos wrote:
    i think i like the last one the best...it looks like a very natural, fun shot.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 21, 2006
    elfving73 wrote:
    Well, that's because on this pic, the softbox is the actuall backdrop, and the headlight source is an silver umbrella infront on her left, that's why the catchlight looks different to the other, were the softbox is the headlight and the umbrella is for hairlight.

Matty
    Yeah, I kinda figured that. I just find the square reflections to be rather distracting, they look very unnatural in an otherwise stunning series of pics.
    edited October 21, 2006
    Thanx! Well, yes - she IS a very glad and cherfull woman, always with a smile on her face. We had a great shoot with a lot of joking and laughing. Actually, this was her first time posing, I think she did great. So relaxed and comfortable infront of the cam.

Matty
    #2 and #5 have my vote. Between these shots and the perfume shots, one has to conclude that this lady really likes to laugh and have fun. There is nothing timid about her laughing/smiling face! Just love that kind of spirit!
    edited October 21, 2006
    Thanx! Yes, I agree! The cool thing is that I don't think she considered herself very photogenic before the shoot, but later when glancing through the pics, from the expressions on her face, it was quite obvious that she looked at herself differently! I just love that "effect". thumb.gif

Regards / Matty
    DavidTO wrote:
    She is a natural, photogenic beauty.

That last shot is fun. Very coy. I like it.
    edited October 21, 2006
    Thank you, saurora! thumb.gif
    saurora wrote:
    Very nice! Love the last shot in particular! thumb.gif
    edited October 21, 2006
    Thank you, Owen! Well, honestly, I'm a sucker for that kind of catchlight and did that on purpose. :D

Matty
    Owen wrote:
    I would have raised the softbox up slightly and moved it a bit further back - for catchlight purposes. The colorbalance is a bit warm but it suits the subject, IMO. Beautiful shots otherwise.
    edited October 21, 2006
    Thank you, Ted! Yes, I like the last one too, it seem to be the most popular out of these 5 pics. Personally, my favorite is #01, I really like it (if you can say that about your own pictures?) *Haha* mwink.gif

Matty
    Hey Matty, I saw this post in the canon forum and was waiting for it to arrive here. It's fun series and I absolutely adore the last one.
    edited October 21, 2006
    Ok! I guess that's a matter of personal preferences - I am a sucker for that kind of catchlight and I did it on purpose. mwink.gif

Matty
    truth wrote:
    Yeah, I kinda figured that. I just find the square reflections to be rather distracting, they look very unnatural in an otherwise stunning series of pics.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2006
    Love how that RED COLLAR works Sofia...thumb.gifthumbFANTASTIC SHOTSthumb.gifthumb
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2006
    Hey Matty,
    Considering how close to Halloween we are, I'd play with a black makeup and V-teeth. Either for real or at least in PS. mwink.gif
    It simply begs for it! deal.gif
    Nice series:-) thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited October 26, 2006
    Thank you, thank you! Hehe! Yes, I think you may have a point there.... :D
    Art Scott wrote:
    Love how that RED COLLAR works Sofia...thumb.gifthumbFANTASTIC SHOTSthumb.gifthumb
    edited October 26, 2006
    Thanx Nikolai! Haha! Yes, you know... the thought actually stroke me too! Perhaps I should give it a try in PS! Haha! :D

Nikolai wrote:
    Considering how close to Halloween we are, I'd play with a black makeup and V-teeth. Either for real or at least in PS. mwink.gif
    edited October 26, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:

Hehe! Here you go! rolleyes1.gif

105605714-O.jpg
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    Now you're talking!
    elfving73 wrote:
    Hehe! Here you go! rolleyes1.gif

Now how about making a pale face and adding a bit of evilish to the whole treatment? mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Sask2005Sask2005 Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    I would have whitened her lower teeth in the "because I'm worth it" shot because they are very obvious and drew my eyes to them. Nice pics though, good lighting.