Options

cha. 28 comments please ?

jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
edited December 20, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
one of the boy and one of the dog never shot a protrate before .so after looking and reading do you all think these are or are not??? and I still am not sure I can put 2 photos in one thread ?
Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    edited December 20, 2004
    jwear wrote:
    one of the boy and one of the dog never shot a protrate before .so after looking and reading do you all think these are or are not??? and I still am not sure I can put 2 photos in one thread ?
    the dog I hope
    Jeff W

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2004
    jwear wrote:
    the dog I hope
    Hi jwear.. I like the dog the best.. but then I have a very soft spot for all doggies...
  • Options
    yvonneyvonne Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2004
    I really like the boy. To me, you managed to captured a 50s mood, with the slight softeness of the image, softness of colour, the kid's hair, the shirt, everything and it works for me. Nice composition too. I also like the fact that he's frowning.

The dog, on the other hand, doesn't. (Sorry, but I believe in being honest) He's doesn't look sharp to me, he's got the animal equivalent of red-eye and it just doesn't do anything for me. It leaves me asking myself: why?

Also the composition isn't quite right (think rule of thirds) - I'd crop in tight around the top of the head.

A good start though! Keep going.
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2004
    thank you
    Lynn thanks I am a dog person .yvonne thank you honesty is the only tool for learning .I did not like pugs pic after i ps ed it and what you said is right on !I had two and both did not warm me up, but I like Hunters [thats my son ]I gropped it and liked his look also thats why I tried. back to the camera Jeff still can not put 2 in one box????
    Jeff W

• Options
    edited December 20, 2004
    jwear wrote:
    Lynn thanks I am a dog person .yvonne thank you honesty is the only tool for learning .I did not like pugs pic after i ps ed it and what you said is right on !I had two and both did not warm me up, but I like Hunters [thats my son ]I gropped it and liked his look also thats why I tried. back to the camera Jeff still can not put 2 in one box????
    Hi Jwear.. I'm not sure you can put two in one frame unless you have a smugmug account and can link as many as you like.. I'm not certain about that but I think when you "attach" an image you are limited to one per post.:D
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2004
    I like the photo of the boy and the expression. I would tend to lessen the yellow in the photo. The sun hits my computer screen, so I may not be seeing the colors correctly. I would say the dog doesn't do it, although he is cute.
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2004
    I am not going to show this to her you are going to hurt her feelings .I know the the doggie did not work it seems to me if i can catch someone or the dog and they do not see the camera it works better for me .I need to learn how to set up and get better lighting and thanks lynn now i know one per thumb.gif
    Jeff W

• Options
    edited December 20, 2004
    jwear wrote:
    I am not going to show this to her you are going to hurt her feelings .I know the the doggie did not work it seems to me if i can catch someone or the dog and they do not see the camera it works better for me .I need to learn how to set up and get better lighting and thanks lynn now i know one per thumb.gif
    shhhhh No don't tell her.. I think she's beautiful jwear :D