More Fuji F30 (P&S Cam) Sample Photos

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited October 23, 2006 in Cameras
I don't mean to be an "attention whore"...LOL...but I really am impressed with this little camera! I'm posting in case some people are interested in a small pocket camera - this is just one user's experience and if it helps someone decide on a camera, great. For $230 after the $50 mail-in rebate, you can't beat it! The wonderful thing about this camera is it's great sxposures and seldom needing flash. I have the flash turned off most of the time - even indoors!

I should also add that it's very quick to startup when turned on, the colors look great and very natural and there's hardly any shutter lag. It's a very quick little camera. I can see why so many people rave about it now. It's sort of a best kept secret though. Unless you go looking for reviews of this baby, you hardly ever hear about this model. The appearance (silver - although nice all metal body) could be better in my book, but maybe that'll just help keep it from being stolen! Personally, I'd rather have a camera that takes great pictures than one that just looks good and takes crappy pictures. Thank goodness I passed on the new Samsung NV series. They look great, but got a bad review over at dpreview.

Notes on photos (they're all in my Fuji F30 gallery on smugmug) - I don't do much post processing. Mostly it's tweaking the shadows, sharpening and a few little things like that. I tend to spend literally about 1 minute or so editing each photo.

These were all without flash.

104066351-L.jpg

104066454-L.jpg

104225373-L.jpg

104066527-L.jpg

104225987-L.jpg

104225950-L.jpg

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2006
    Wow, I'm impressed with the images! Wish I could justify another camera, but my camera bags are loaded right now! I took out my Canon S80 the other day. I haven't touched it since buying my 20D. I practically forgot how to use it...need to drag out the manual again! It takes very good shots too. This one seems pretty special! thumb.gif
  • KA0TVOKA0TVO Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2006
    camera and a John Deer, what more can one ask? :D
    Really, very nice shots impressive camera.
    Bob
  • JCDossJCDoss Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2006
    The colors and detail look pretty sharp on that little thing. Did you do anything to these in post?
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2006
    JCDoss wrote:
    The colors and detail look pretty sharp on that little thing. Did you do anything to these in post?

Thanks. Very minimal post processing. The pictures from point and shoot cameras (from my experience) tend to be pretty sharp already. I did apply a little sharpening. I usually try to do something with the shadows if they're too dark, but these shots didn't need much of that. For the color, not really. I'll occasionally add a LITTLE bit more saturation, but only if the pictures look flat. These didn't need much of that either. The first leaf, tractor, cup cakes and flower pictures are almost straight out of the camera - meaning very little post work was done. I tend to delete questionable photos anyway because my post processing skills aren't that great. So most of the time, the photos you see from me are mostly right from the camera (but like I said, I DO usually sharpen and sometimes add a little more color).
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited October 22, 2006
    Never apologize for posting shots like these. The colors look very rich but natural. Excellent use of DOF. I'm extremely impressed with the JD tractor shot because it has such long DOF indoors!

This is the first Fuji I have been interested in since the S7000, which was almost my first serious digicam. (The Minolta A2 stole my heart instead and continues to be a very capable image maker.)

Thanks for posting and I would encourage more.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Mickey57Mickey57 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2006
    I purchased this camera during the summer and have grown to love it. I took my Dslr and the F30 camping this summer. I had soo much fun with the F30 that the Dslr never left the bag. Sure, the quality isn't quite as good but it seems to do very well for a pocket camera. I would not hesitate to recommend this camera to anyone.

104617836-M.jpg

This picture was taken at 1600 iso with the on camera flash.
    104621607-M.jpg

104624607-M.jpg

104632138-M.jpg

Hand held sunset shot.
    104638020-M.jpg

104628341-M.jpg
    Dan
    Mickey57