The Get Rid Of the GREEN FAQ?

kris10kris10 Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited October 23, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I went to this link in FAQ about how to get rid of the green...and I'm a dork but I just don't get it. All there is is some code but no explanation to it. I want to make all that green text go away on my site and make it the same color as my nav bar text. Can someone explain this a bit more? Like, where do I put it, do I need to put in my text color CMYK code and is there any particular place in the customization I need to put it? :scratch

http://blogs.smugmug.com/web-tricks/2005/08/17/changing-the-green/
* My Mug *

~ * ~ Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young ~ * ~

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2006
    kris10 wrote:
    I went to this link in FAQ about how to get rid of the green...and I'm a dork but I just don't get it. All there is is some code but no explanation to it. I want to make all that green text go away on my site and make it the same color as my nav bar text. Can someone explain this a bit more? Like, where do I put it, do I need to put in my text color CMYK code and is there any particular place in the customization I need to put it? headscratch.gif

http://blogs.smugmug.com/web-tricks/2005/08/17/changing-the-green/
    Hi,

We can help, but we need your website name deal.gif

Please list it in your sig, and you can also put it in your profile, "You!" upper left of Dgrin screen
  • kris10kris10 Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi,

We can help, but we need your website name deal.gif

Please list it in your sig, and you can also put it in your profile, "You!" upper left of Dgrin screen

Oops. I guess that would help, huh? www.herrmannphotography.com. Sorry 'bout that. I'm going over to you...i mean me...I mean....ahem...I'm going to go put it in my siggy now. rolleyes1.gif
    * My Mug *

edited October 22, 2006
    kris10 wrote:
    Oops. I guess that would help, huh? www.herrmannphotography.com. Sorry 'bout that. I'm going over to you...i mean me...I mean....ahem...I'm going to go put it in my siggy now. rolleyes1.gif

k, i went over to edit my siggy...i can't remember how to do it so it will say "my smugmug site" (or something like that) and still get folks to the correct page? I used to know how to do that...headscratch.gif
    * My Mug *

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2006
    Go to top of dgrin on left side and there is a blue "You!"..clik it...now first in line on left shoud be EDIT SIGNATURE..CLIK IT.....now a dialogue box is open on the right in that dialogue box add this:

http://www.herrmannphotography.com/

or type something like "KRIS10's SMUGGMUGGY SITE".....give it a groovy color from the font colors an highlight it then...go.... up to the hyperlink icon (world with an infinity sign) clik it and paste in your actual smugmug link..as I did, which you cannot see but that is a link to your site...

after all that all you have to do is clik on the SAVE SIGNATURE...and your are done your signature is now your link to your site....

hope this was helpful
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited October 22, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    Go to top of dgrin on left side and there is a blue "You!"..clik it...now first in line on left shoud be EDIT SIGNATURE..CLIK IT.....now a dialogue box is open on the right in that dialogue box add this:

http://www.herrmannphotography.com/

or type something like "KRIS10's SMUGGMUGGY SITE".....give it a groovy color from the font colors an highlight it then...go.... up to the hyperlink icon (world with an infinity sign) clik it and paste in your actual smugmug link..as I did, which you cannot see but that is a link to your site...

after all that all you have to do is clik on the SAVE SIGNATURE...and your are done your signature is now your link to your site....

hope this was helpful

Well goodness....that was easy enough. I used to go through some kind of code method of doing that at another site. Thanks a ton Art!!!

Now, back to the green stuff since I have a link now to my site...which should be very helpful to those who attempt to help my retarded self in the future...thumb.gif
    * My Mug *

edited October 22, 2006
    kris10 wrote:

Now, back to the green stuff since I have a link now to my site...which should be very helpful to those who attempt to help my retarded self in the future...thumb.gif

This goes into your CSS:

.title, a.title {color: red;}
    .imgBorder {
    border-color: red;
    }

a:hover .imgBorder, .imgBorderOn {
    border-color: blue;
    }

you can use color names, or for more precise color, choose a six-digit hex code: http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-colors2 see this help page near the bottom.

deal.gif
    edited October 23, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    This goes into your CSS:

.imgBorder {
    }

border-color: blue;
    }

you can use color names, or for more precise color, choose a six-digit hex code: http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-colors2 see this help page near the bottom.

deal.gif

Thanks Andy. Does all of that go into my CSS code or do I just put this part in for my title colors and my border around my images:

.imgBorder {
    }

And then I just put my 6 digit hex code in place of the words red, right?
    * My Mug *

edited October 23, 2006
    kris10 wrote:
    Thanks Andy. Does all of that go into my CSS code
    yep, just like I said :D

And then I just put my 6 digit hex code in place of the words red, right?
    #XXXXXX is how it goes.

so, .title, a.title {color: red;} becomes .title, a.title {color: #XXXXXX;}
    edited October 23, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    yep, just like I said :D

#XXXXXX is how it goes.

so, .title, a.title {color: red;} becomes .title, a.title {color: #XXXXXX;}

Okay, so I put the below in at the bottom of my current CSS code and it didn't do anything....told ya...I suck at this...:D

.title, a.title {color: dbd9bo;}
    .imgBorder {
    border-color: dbd9bo;
    }
    border-color: dbd9bo;
    }
    * My Mug *

edited October 23, 2006
    kris10 wrote:
    Okay, so I put the below in at the bottom of my current CSS code and it didn't do anything....told ya...I suck at this...:D

you don't suck at this. Just read my posting more carefully, you need to use the # in front of the six digit color code, just like my examples to you thumb.gif
    edited October 23, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    you don't suck at this. Just read my posting more carefully, you need to use the # in front of the six digit color code, just like my examples to you thumb.gif

Oh man...see how well I follow directions...eek7.gif . Mama always said, "baby steps"....:D . Thanks AGAIN! bowdown.gif It worked....well, after I changed the last letter to the NUMBER 0 instead of a letter O. Laughing.gif!!! Coooolish!!!!
    * My Mug *