New Here....questions...

xena0966xena0966 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited October 22, 2006 in Cameras
Hi all...I'm pretty new to the world of photography and currently have a Sony DSC-H1. Overall I really like the camera so far, but I'm not sure its the right one for what I want to do...

I take a lot of action shots of horses in competition and have not found the right combination of settings. I really wanted a better SLR camera, however, this was a gift last Christmas...hoping I can get some help here.

I've been using the Multi-Burst Function hoping I could use that as an SLR type of function but am finding that my pictures are fuzzy and the size is small...can't get good close-up shots of the horses using the Multi-Burst Function. I like this burst feature because the pictures can be perfected at the right moment for what the horse is doing, however, its not clear when I print the pics and again because there are 16 pics in a frame, they are small...any ideas on this one?

The 3 successive shots in a row is something I haven't played with too much yet as it is harder to get the pictures at the right time using this feature...

So...I guess I"m wondering if I can get a better telephoto lense for this camera? If so, what should I buy/where do I get it? I'm not finding many telephoto lenses that are Sony DSC-H1 compatible and really don't know what I need to buy. Are there other companies that make lenses compatible with my camera? Also, any suggestions on the multi-burst? Am I using it for the wrong purpose? And if I have a telephoto lense and use Multi burst will that help?

Hope this makes sense...I really appreciate any feedback..Thanks!