Large upload dies (Mac OS Uploader)

k-mank-man Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 31, 2006 in SmugMug Support
newbie here...trying to upload all my photos (about 2000 of them). using mac uploader 2.0. select the album w/ all the photos and the upload starts. about 400 pictures into it, it bombs out, some sort of socket error or other similar cryptic error. known issue?

am currently splitting up the pics into a bunch of smaller albums (about 200 at a time) ... maybe that will help?

Are there any other tools for uploading from iPhoto?

Thanks.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2006
    k-man wrote:
    newbie here...trying to upload all my photos (about 2000 of them). using mac uploader 2.0. select the album w/ all the photos and the upload starts. about 400 pictures into it, it bombs out, some sort of socket error or other similar cryptic error. known issue?

am currently splitting up the pics into a bunch of smaller albums (about 200 at a time) ... maybe that will help?

Are there any other tools for uploading from iPhoto?

Thanks.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=40974&highlight=uploader
    Sorry you are experiencing this. Yes, do smaller batches, or use the Universal Drag and Drop. Ben, our product manager, is working on this issue with the developer.
  • k-mank-man Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 22, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=40974&highlight=uploader
    Sorry you are experiencing this. Yes, do smaller batches, or use the Universal Drag and Drop. Ben, our product manager, is working on this issue with the developer.

Thank you kindly for the info. Is there any plan to have an iPhoto plug in for uploading to Smugmug? that is (IMHO) the most intuitive way to do it.

By the way, I get an error on every time I start the mac uploader (cannot connect to smugmug, or something along those lines). It reproduces 100% of the time. But if I hit OK I can go past that error and things seem to work.

I'll now try out that more recent version of the uploader.

Thanks again for your kind help. Everything I've heard about Smugmug (quality, forum, help) is coming true so far (just hoping the uploader gets a little better :)
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2006
    k-man wrote:
    Thank you kindly for the info. Is there any plan to have an iPhoto plug in for uploading to Smugmug? that is (IMHO) the most intuitive way to do it.

By the way, I get an error on every time I start the mac uploader (cannot connect to smugmug, or something along those lines). It reproduces 100% of the time. But if I hit OK I can go past that error and things seem to work.

I'll now try out that more recent version of the uploader.

Thanks again for your kind help. Everything I've heard about Smugmug (quality, forum, help) is coming true so far (just hoping the uploader gets a little better :)
    Hi K-man and welcome to dgrin wave.gif

Thanks for the kind words :D I'm sorry about the problems, allthough I think they will be gone with the new version. I too use that version, and love it. Let us know if you need any assistance!
  • smuggersmugger Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    Problems with uploading on a Mac as well
    Hi,

I have an error message too when I upload. I can't tell you the exact msg right now b/c I don't have my computer on me, but it says something like 'connection failed' and underneath something like 'java.util.' then somethingsomething. But once I hit 'ok', I can go load up an album. Is there a way to get rid of this error message?
    ivar wrote:
    Hi K-man and welcome to dgrin wave.gif

Thanks for the kind words :D I'm sorry about the problems, allthough I think they will be gone with the new version. I too use that version, and love it. Let us know if you need any assistance!
    ~smugger
  • cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    smugger wrote:
    Hi,

I have an error message too when I upload. I can't tell you the exact msg right now b/c I don't have my computer on me, but it says something like 'connection failed' and underneath something like 'java.util.' then somethingsomething. But once I hit 'ok', I can go load up an album. Is there a way to get rid of this error message?

Welcome to dgrin. Nice nick btw. That particular issue is different, and has been logged in their bug tracker already. So far none of us that have seen it seem to have any harm from it.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • smuggersmugger Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Thanks:) Yes, it seems to do no harm, just wish I didn't have to do the extra click.....
    cabbey wrote:
    Welcome to dgrin. Nice nick btw. That particular issue is different, and has been logged in their bug tracker already. So far none of us that have seen it seem to have any harm from it.
    ~smugger