Shirley

camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited October 25, 2006 in People
Last month, I took ownership of the studio space next to my existing studio, doubling the space I have available. Before turning the carpenters loose gutting the new studio space and building the new sets, changing room and lounge, I went in to check it out, and found that the "artist" who had the space before me had done a number on the walls. Paint, sometimes a good inch thick, just splattered all over.

You know, it's kinda cool. I might leave this wall alone for a while until I get tired of it.

Shirley-476.jpg

Comments

• cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2006
    What paint?

rolleyes1.gif
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2006
    Great shot, and I kind of like the paint, it could make for some interesting shots...
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2006
    Great shot thumb.gif but...just a small but:D she is very tense..it shows in her are across her breasts.....if she could have been a little more relaxed itwould have been a litle better...but his is not he WP so I will stop and wipe the droooolmwink.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2006
    sorry, but this picture doesn't do much for me. i would like it much more if i could see her eyes. the whole image doesnt feel sharp to me.

even if you don't use the painted wall in more pictures, it's surely a great bit to have in an office. a conversation piece for sure. if i were you, i'd hang a very simple black and white image right smack in the middle of the wall, as a contrast to the raging colors.
  • amadeusamadeus Registered Users Posts: 2,125 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    cambler wrote:
    Last month, I took ownership of the studio space next to my existing studio, doubling the space I have available. Before turning the carpenters loose gutting the new studio space and building the new sets, changing room and lounge, I went in to check it out, and found that the "artist" who had the space before me had done a number on the walls. Paint, sometimes a good inch thick, just splattered all over.

You know, it's kinda cool. I might leave this wall alone for a while until I get tired of it.

is this supposed to be apicture of the wall you are describing? why did you put the girl in the shot and why is she holding her pants down like that it distracts from the wall you are supposedly finding interesting. I think your pictures lack direction composition and focus and you need to work on that.
  • camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    amadeus wrote:
    is this supposed to be apicture of the wall you are describing? why did you put the girl in the shot and why is she holding her pants down like that it distracts from the wall you are supposedly finding interesting. I think your pictures lack direction composition and focus and you need to work on that.

You've got a career in politics ahead of you. Don't let me hold you back.
  • gavingavin Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    I love the wall! Keep it for sire. Lighitng is pretty good, like it was mentioned she looks a little tens and her face is a tad soft.
    D700 and some glass

www.gjohnstone.com
  • HallidayHalliday Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    Love the wall.
    Love her hair (it looks like a feather.)
    Don't like her tugging her jeans.
    Techincally perfect but not my style.
    www.lanceshuey.com

I won't sell out even if the whole world think's I'm crazy.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    Technically well shot. I would like it if you were a bit lower. Her expression is... off, she's killing her breasts and the pant pulling is just lude. I do like the wall though.
  • unsavoryunsavory Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    Technically well shot. I would like it if you were a bit lower. Her expression is... off, she's killing her breasts and the pant pulling is just lude. I do like the wall though.

I'm not sure I would classify the pant pulling as lude. I actually find it to be quite a turn-on and it works well in this photo. I do however, agree that she is trying too hard to cover her breasts which is in direct contradiction to her pulling her pants down.

LOVE the background.