Options

Can we embed a slideshow from SM to another site?

Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
Most of the galleries on my pro site (www.steadfastdesigns.com) are setup as slideshows. I advertise my business on a couple of other web sites. Each allows you to insert your own HTML for a custom ad if desired. Currently I have static web pages as ads (text with static images linked from my SM account). I'd like to be able to insert some html and have a slideshow (hosted from SM) show up in this ad.

Is this possible? Can I snip some html out of one of my galleires and insert it into a web page and have the slideshow play in that page?

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 24, 2006
    Lou,

You may have a few problems with this unless you know what you are doing. The slideshow is using some AJAX calls, which run into problems when you try to run them in a cross-domain scenario.

Does that make any sense ?

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    Well...
    devbobo wrote:
    Lou,

You may have a few problems with this unless you know what you are doing. The slideshow is using some AJAX calls, which run into problems when you try to run them in a cross-domain scenario.

Does that make any sense ?

Cheers,

David

I'm savy enough to snip code and place it into another page. So are you saying there's more to it than that?
  • Options
    lizstabbertphotolizstabbertphoto Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    I'd like to know this as well. I love the look of the slideshow feature, but I dont need it on my smugmug page. I would like to have it on my main website frontpage instead of the single image :D
  • Options
    MAHAROGERSMAHAROGERS Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    Was there ever a response to this
    Did anyone ever give an answer to this. I can find plenty of help for embedding a smugmug slideshow on smugmug pages but not for syndicating to other sites
    I'm savy enough to snip code and place it into another page. So are you saying there's more to it than that?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    Sure, just a couple weeks ago this got posted. Should be exactly what the original thread poster wanted to have, right?

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero