Macro Filter

moonblissmoonbliss Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited October 25, 2006 in Holy Macro
got my macro filter in today, this is my first shot i've taken with it, i know its not a pretty flower. :D But it's winter here in utah...

DSC_03871.jpg
Remember to smile, it makes people wonder!

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    personally I think you did quite well...Which macro filter did you use for this??
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    moonbliss wrote:
    got my macro filter in today, this is my first shot i've taken with it, i know its not a pretty flower. :D But it's winter here in utah...

Welcome to Dgrin Moonbliss :D

Sometimes weeds can be so pretty, especially when you see them way up close......... well if this is just your first shot with your new Macro Filter, can't wait till you know it a little better, you'll be even happier once you've had it a while, they take a while to figure out their limitations.

Gosh I remember when I got my first Macro Filter, I was so disappointed in it at first, till I realized I was using it incorrectly.

Thanks for sharing, I look forward to seeing more of your Macro's on the forum, welcome aboard clap.gif ......... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    Beautiful ! nice buy :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • moonblissmoonbliss Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    ebay
    I bought it off ebay, it was shipped directly from japan

Art Scott wrote:
    personally I think you did quite well...Which macro filter did you use for this??
    edited October 24, 2006
    Thanks, i'm glad to be here! Nice forum setup! Well I think I pretty much know the limitations, it kind of sucks I can't get right up to the subject that I want to photo, I have to be a few inches from it, and I already realized the filter itself is not as good as having an actual macro lens that can focus better, but this will work until I can afford a nice macro lens.
    Skippy wrote:
    Welcome to Dgrin Moonbliss :D

Sometimes weeds can be so pretty, especially when you see them way up close......... well if this is just your first shot with your new Macro Filter, can't wait till you know it a little better, you'll be even happier once you've had it a while, they take a while to figure out their limitations.

Gosh I remember when I got my first Macro Filter, I was so disappointed in it at first, till I realized I was using it incorrectly.

Thanks for sharing, I look forward to seeing more of your Macro's on the forum, welcome aboard clap.gif ......... Skippy (Australia)
    edited October 24, 2006
    moonbliss wrote:
    Thanks, i'm glad to be here! Nice forum setup! Well I think I pretty much know the limitations, it kind of sucks I can't get right up to the subject that I want to photo, I have to be a few inches from it, and I already realized the filter itself is not as good as having an actual macro lens that can focus better, but this will work until I can afford a nice macro lens.

Distance is a good thing in Macro, it allows more light between you and the subject, you can get good results with Macro Filters (Lenses)

This photos was taken with a Sony F828 and a Canon 250D Macro Filter attached.... actually I believe I stacked 2 Macro Filters for this one.
    Shot is hand held too ..... you can still produce good shots with a Macro Filter (Screw on Macro Lens) ............ Skippy (Australia)

DSC05403Er_filtered1.jpg

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited October 25, 2006
    Stacking macros?
    I didn't know you could stack macro filters, I would have thought you wouldn't get a better picture out of it. I had my NikonD50 with my 18-55mm lens, circular polarizer, and my macro filter. Is it ok to stack more than a few different filters, does it lower your resolution, or does the camera still take the photo the same as it does without the filters?
    Skippy wrote:
    Distance is a good thing in Macro, it allows more light between you and the subject, you can get good results with Macro Filters (Lenses)

This photos was taken with a Sony F828 and a Canon 250D Macro Filter attached.... actually I believe I stacked 2 Macro Filters for this one.
    Shot is hand held too ..... you can still produce good shots with a Macro Filter (Screw on Macro Lens) ............ Skippy (Australia)

DSC05403Er_filtered1.jpg
    edited October 25, 2006
    moonbliss wrote:
    I didn't know you could stack macro filters, I would have thought you wouldn't get a better picture out of it. I had my NikonD50 with my 18-55mm lens, circular polarizer, and my macro filter. Is it ok to stack more than a few different filters, does it lower your resolution, or does the camera still take the photo the same as it does without the filters?

Hi there again :D the problem with stacking is that the image degrades especially around the edges.......you will see the focus really drop off the more you stack and you will also get vignetting at some stage.

I read that you should not stack more than 2 ...... you can have a lot of fun with those Macro Filters ........ try it and see what results you get :D

Not sure that I am of much help to you ..... Skippy (Australia)