Crop before or after???

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited October 24, 2006 in Sports
I'm learning the shoot tight and crop tighter method.... But my question is this... if you're shooting on spec. and posting to a web site for sales (hopefullyselling some) do you crop really tight before posting? If so, how do you deal with parents/customers who may want various sized prints that are not accomidated well by your crop?

Comments

• johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    I try to crop with the thought of an 8x10 print (shooting with a Canon which has a 2:3 aspect ratio the 8x10 is the biggest shift in aspect ratio on common prpints). I'd say about 10-15% of my shots are too tight to allow for an 8x10 print. Since the majority of my sales are 5x7 or 4x6 I don't sweat the chances that someone will want an 8x10 of one of those 10%

In my opinion, it makes my shots look better on the web to be cropped tighter and this way I don't have to do anything to the photo after they order (considering it takes about 8 days for the order to get to my customers anyway I wouldn't want to force them to wait an additional day or two for me to crop).

Just my opinion - others I'm sure may disagree.