York College Field Hockey

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited November 3, 2006 in Sports
for the most part, i do not enjoy watching field hockey, however i do enjoy shooting it! please tell me what you think of this picture:

104525637-L.jpg

should i crop it tighter?

Comments

• wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    Although I'm just a rank amateur, I don't know how you can do much better than this shot. Fantastic!

I wouldn't crop it any more. I think you need the edge of the goal in the shot to give it perspective. Also, I wouldn't want any more of the girls cut off.

Great work.

My daughters play field hockey and I find it difficult to shoot--they're always looking down--the ball down by the feet -- the face up high... Any advice on how you shoot this sport?

Regards

Will
    Regards

Will
    15524779-Ti.gif great shot .clap.gif keep the edge of the goal.
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    wmstumme wrote:
    My daughters play field hockey and I find it difficult to shoot--they're always looking down--the ball down by the feet -- the face up high... Any advice on how you shoot this sport?

thanks for the comments!

i find that with field hockey particularly, sitting or kneeling to get an upward angle work. i can't think of any other advice at the moment.
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    thanks for the comments!

i find that with field hockey particularly, sitting or kneeling to get an upward angle work. i can't think of any other advice at the moment.

Thanks for the advice. Actually, I generally have been taking them kneeling down. I don't have a mono-pod (or what ever it is called) so I do that frequently just for stability. Thinking about it now, it probably does give the best angle.

Here is one more at the goal shot I thought I'd include. This was middle school girls as opposed to college, and they missed the goal as opposed to making one, but I thought it kept in theme...

This is a pretty reduced version of the original and has lost a good bit of the sharpness, but here goes anyway...

Regards

Will
    Regards

Will
    binghott wrote:
    for the most part, i do not enjoy watching field hockey, however i do enjoy shooting it! please tell me what you think of this picture:

104525637-L.jpg

should i crop it tighter?

Wow seriously! For a Field Hockey Shot...well for any sport this is a FANTASTIC shot (and well anyone who knows me I dont just hand out compliments like that)
    You have all 3 faces, lungening action, great colors!
    My only complaint is the background, and I am not sure if there is anything you could of done with that because if you had shot if from another angle you would not have got all 3 faces in.

And if you were looking to make money shooting college athletics, this is a type of shot that would work for both your local paper, the media relations department. This is the type of shot schools would blow up to post in their various athletics venues.

Really a thumbs up!
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 3, 2006
    what Winger said, and she knows what she's talking about. nod.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]