Sony R1

FibertechFibertech Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 24, 2006 in Cameras
Howdy Folks,

I'm new here and would like some first hand opinions on the R1. I currently shoot with either a Canon XT or a F717. I have used the F707 and F717 for some time and know the camera/configuration(s) very well. A sealed, fixed lens camera that I can throw into a backpack and go is very appealing to me. Pic quality, quality build, auto focus/prossessing speeds is the kind of info I'm looking for. I like everthing I have read so far but nothing beats being behind a camera to get the true feel for it.

Thanks in advance for your time:thumb

Comments

• windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    Fibertech wrote:
    Howdy Folks,

I'm new here and would like some first hand opinions on the R1. I currently shoot with either a Canon XT or a F717. I have used the F707 and F717 for some time and know the camera/configuration(s) very well. A sealed, fixed lens camera that I can throw into a backpack and go is very appealing to me. Pic quality, quality build, auto focus/prossessing speeds is the kind of info I'm looking for. I like everthing I have read so far but nothing beats being behind a camera to get the true feel for it.

Thanks in advance for your timethumb.gif

here's a thread i posted with some jpegs from the R1 i used when i went to florida. I chose the R1 because its "one lens" and a Zeiss lens at that !!! Its a great camera for outside and well lit indoor scenes. The lens loves light. The camera feels great in the hands, not a cheapie.. Personally, I wouldnt recommend this camera for lowlight situations, those others have been much more successful than I have. AF outside or with enough life is fast, indoors with lamp light... not so fast.............

you can see actual jpegs taken with the camera I have for sale right here...
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=32407
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=41289&highlight=massanutten

troy