Soccer Again

SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
edited October 27, 2006 in Sports
Snaps of South Bay vs. Canyon Classic can be found here:

http://garyayala. smugmug.com/ gallery/2047998

The usual disclaimer ... as these shots are for the kids and
parents much less discriminating than if shooting for myself.

Gary

105198847-M.jpg
My snaps can be found here:
Unsharp at any Speed

Comments

• klmclaughlinklmclaughlin Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    Wow! I love shirt-pulling photos, even though I hate that practice during a match. (I know, I know....it's all part of the game.)
    Tell me, did you pump up your saturation, or were the colors and lighting just that bright? I love the vivid color!!
    Enjoying the process of learning.
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    klmclaughlin - Nope to saturation ... didn't touch that slider. Shot originally in RAW, RSE for RAW to jpeg conversion, final processing in PSCS2.

Usually just fiddle with contrast, white balance, exposure and a touch of USM or Edge Sharpening.

Shirt pulling captured as an image is cartoon-like to me ... in my mind I imagine the shirt-puller releasing the shirt (with an evil grin) ... and rubberband like, the shirt retracts like a rocket tossing the shirt-wearer across the pitch.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • klmclaughlinklmclaughlin Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    Seefutlung wrote:
    Shirt pulling captured as an image is cartoon-like to me ... in my mind I imagine the shirt-puller releasing the shirt (with an evil grin) ... and rubberband like, the shirt retracts like a rocket tossing the shirt-wearer across the pitch.

Gary

Funny you mention that....I have my own internalized image that comes to mind: I always imagine a "tear-away" jersey like something from the Three Stooges that makes a loud ripping noise and the shirt puller falling backwards leaving the other player shirtless!
    Enjoying the process of learning.