Options

Moonglade over Linda Mar Beach

DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
edited December 21, 2004 in Wildlife
Well, this is the best of the bunch. I had one heck of a time. The tripod was on a hill, it was pitch black, I had to struggle finding the optimal combination of shutter and aperture. Somehow in all the adjusting in the dark my "manual focus" got moved and later images are out of focus. Then I had no idea the moon moved so darn fast! I wanted the nice glade behind the two triangular rocky shapes, by the time I got my act under control the moonglade had moved to the right and away from the rocky points! Grrrrr. The lights in the front are from the traffic on Highway One. I want to go back and try this again, but tonight it was very hazy.

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2004
    Hi Dee

There is great potential in that scene. I experienced the same frustration when I was shooting the aurora - absolutely nothing to see in the viewfinder. Just point in the general direction and hope!

Good job, hope you get the one you want next time.

ann
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2004
    Cool Shot
    Hey Dee,

You got one keeper anyhow. Anytime you go out and come back with a keeper its a good outing.

Harry
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2004
    I second what Harry said, Dee. I saw that late last night, and I really like it. I like having the rd in it with the lights and I like the smooth water of the ocean. Sorry the moon, moved, smile. I just like the "tripod" effect. Sure wish I like tripods. I have found I am getting a lot of movement using my tripod, so I should practice. I try to keep it in my car...........then like last night, I go in the van with Bill.

I really like that shot of yours, though, Dee. The pros shoot a gazillion and feel fortunate with a keeper.

gingerthumb.gif
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.