Question for private galleries

cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
edited October 25, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have several galleries that are private, and are all in a private gallery category that I created. However they don't show up unless I am logged in.

I have sent the link to the respective clients and they are able to get to them no problem with the link, but I wonder why can't they be shown just the gallery link but then when you click on it, it won't take you anywhere unless you have the password. only one of them is showing up right now and I am wondering if it's just something small that I forgot to do...

Does this makes sense???Here's my gallery link

http://cdonovanphotos.smugmug.com/

Comments

• PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    If the gallery is private, then it is "invisible" and will not appear in the category view unless you are logged in.

To let your client view multiple private galleries, you either have to send them individual links for each gallery, or create a sharegroup for the galleries.
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    cdonovan wrote:
    I have sent the link to the respective clients and they are able to get to them no problem with the link, but I wonder why can't they be shown just the gallery link but then when you click on it, it won't take you anywhere unless you have the password.

Private galleries are unlisted, that's what makes them private.

If you want a gallery to be included in your list of galleries but require a password for access, make that gallery public with a password. This will include it in the gallery listing but if someone clicks on it, they will be asked for a password.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    I love smug mug and the support! Thanks guys!!!:saurora

:ivar