Nikon Rebates

UT ScottUT Scott Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
edited October 30, 2006 in Cameras
YEY :clap Nikon Rebates started today and go until January 28! Just like Canon they have the double and triple rebates, but Nikon bodies arn't getting rebates.

So.... What are you guys going to buy? :barb

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    UT Scott wrote:
    YEY clap.gifNikon Rebates started today and go until January 28! Just like Canon they have the double and triple rebates, but Nikon bodies arn't getting rebates.

So.... What are you guys going to buy? wings.gif

The 12-24 and the 1.7 TC are on my hit list. :D
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • UT ScottUT Scott Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    Has anyone done the Nikon rebate thing before? Is it a pain to claim the rebate? I'm planning on getting the 24-120 vr and they're offering $25 off that, not a whole lot but every bit helps when you're a broke college student!
  • KenMaurerKenMaurer Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited October 26, 2006
    That'll cover the shipping on SB800
    Just joined DG and this was first forum I stopped at and here's 10 bucks back to me. New speedlight in mail today with $9.95 shipping. Now if I could only make back the postage for mailing in the rebate. While rebate forms are a pain to complete sometimes, I like the idea of sending one in, forgetting about it, and maybe 3-6months later getting a check in the mail.
  • Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    I got my SB600 rebate back in about 4 weeks this summer. So the Nikon rebate program works as well as any.
  • jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    UT Scott wrote:
    Has anyone done the Nikon rebate thing before? Is it a pain to claim the rebate? I'm planning on getting the 24-120 vr and they're offering $25 off that, not a whole lot but every bit helps when you're a broke college student!

Not too bad.. Keep all your paperwork from the purchase as what they require can get lost easily, at least on my desk! Just read the fine print and double check it when you mail it off.

I got $100 rebate from a 70 - 200 VR back in May.. I waited almost to the last day to send in the paperwork and got it back within a month or so. Not too bad...

Nikon must like me as I just picked up a 17 - 35 and found they were doing another rebate!! ...what the heck! Only $40, but I will cash the check when it arrives.

Wish they had included the 200 - 400 VR on the list as well as some of the bodies.. The double, triple thingy might have paid off for me. Though now while looking at the deal, I now see they have the 400 on there... hmmm... mwink.gif