tripod for Humungus

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited December 22, 2004 in Accessories
This might be common for some of you out there in photo land, but today I received our new lab tripod (for our high speed video camera)... and it's HUGE!!! Our camera is pretty heavy and we do almost entirely macro, so I needed geared everything. I found this sweet set of legs w/geared column at BH used for only $200! and the 475 geared head for another $100, used again. What a sweet setup this is. Can't wait to misappropriate it for some "government work"...
:wink

13013392-M.jpg

13013393-M.jpg

Sorry for the bad images, my labmate has an unsteady hand and caught me with some lousy expressions too :wxwax. You get the idea though!
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2004
    in that second shot, it looks as if the tripod may have some "alternate" uses....
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 21, 2004
    andy wrote:
    in that second shot, it looks as if the tripod may have some "alternate" uses....
    uh huh nod.gif

My housemate spent the first three summers of her life in a tee-pee with her hippie parents. I'm gonna get the plans tonight. :D
    Erik

• fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    uh huh nod.gif

My housemate spent the first three summers of her life in a tee-pee with her hippie parents. I'm gonna get the plans tonight. :D

uh...doc. I think andy might have been referring to carnal activities involving things like ballgags, leather thongs, and safety pins. Remember...he's a newyawka.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2004
    fish wrote:
    uh...doc. I think andy might have been referring to carnal activities involving things like ballgags, leather thongs, and safety pins. Remember...he's a newyawka.

and as a new yawka, we use rusty pipes, asphalt shingles, and pieces of chain link fence.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 22, 2004
    andy wrote:
    and as a new yawka, we use rusty pipes, asphalt shingles, and pieces of chain link fence.
    reminder to self: never visit new york again.

:yikes

:D
    Erik