Lexus Teaser

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited October 30, 2006 in People
I have attended the opening of 2006 Australian International Motor Show.
I took lots of photos - over 500 and all in RAW. It will take some time to select the best and publish them in my gallery. Here is a little teaser of what to expect:

Lexus-Teaser-DPP_0001.jpg

Would you like to see more?

Comments

• elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    You know, perhaps there is something wrong with me - but no matter how much I eyeball the picture, I just can't find ANYTHING that gets me going....... hehehe! Naaaaaaaa, just kidding! The car is nice, but the women are just amazing, just love their outfits! thumb.gif

Great shot! / Matty
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    I feel like the photo is missing some detail especially around the face. What kind of sharpening/post processing method do you use? Was it signifigantly underexposed; I find it to be quite grainy. Could I see the original?

Owen
  • rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    did you throw them a twinkie afterwards to suffice them for the next week?

ne_nau.gif

- RE
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    I should probably clarify the environment: each car manufacturer had under 15 minutes for opening speech and unveiling of whatever car they had to show. This is during media only day so there are multiple TV crews, journalists, photographers and 100s of other accompanying people. Once the car manufacturer finishes their presentation the whole show moves to the next stand. I believe the work mayhem describes it well.

It is virtually impossible to get a good position - elbow to elbow photogs everywhere each trying to get a shot of either the car or the girls or both. In most cases you can only use wide or ultra-wide angle lenses due to small distances.

No post processing done on this image at all. This is an ISO 200 shot in a huge, dark hall of the motor show. High ceiling well beyond reach of any flash for a bounce. Gentle fill-in flash used not to wash the colours and the floor lights.

For comparison here is the official photo published on the show's website:
    0,,5286013,00.jpg

PS: I never publish my RAWs
    Owen wrote:
    I feel like the photo is missing some detail especially around the face. What kind of sharpening/post processing method do you use? Was it signifigantly underexposed; I find it to be quite grainy. Could I see the original?

Owen
    edited October 26, 2006
    What quality did you save the image at? How do you downsize the images? What sharpening methods do you use? Was the image out of focus? I am just trying to help you here. They just appear to be REALLY grainy and ISO 200 shouldn't do that.
    edited October 26, 2006
    In this case it was shot RAW. DPP to jpeg with quality set to max (10) and resizing it (options in batch process). No other post processing done at all.

Mind you I do not have photoshop at work and I have used an obscure application to glue my signature to it, so perhaps this is at fault.

I'll re-process this at home tonight using my normal work-flow and see if that makes a difference.

My usual work-flow:
    DPP - adjust exposure and curves if needed.
    Export to 16-bit TIFF
    PS CS2 for the web - contrast, re-size , glue my signature, sharpen. Rarely I will use noise ninja.

Owen, I do appreciate that you are trying to help.
    Owen wrote:
    What quality did you save the image at? How do you downsize the images? What sharpening methods do you use? Was the image out of focus? I am just trying to help you here. They just appear to be REALLY grainy and ISO 200 shouldn't do that.
    edited October 27, 2006
    How much do you push the exposure?
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    I like it, I like that second photo you showed better though hsows more of the car as well. but for people yeah a few twigs is nice to look at rolleyes1.gif jk jk.

thats the new LS that has 8 gears (who the hell needs 8 gears on a full size sedan Laughing.gif) and can automatically parallel park right? be a sweet car to test drive when its out. im sure all the rich ol' soccer moms and dads here will have those running rampant in the streets in no time.

cool shot though!
  • Sask2005Sask2005 Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    I asked a model once that i wanted to shoot her in the RAW and she slapped my face. I'm glad you chose the important features and not the car. Nice pics.
  • AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    I have attended the opening of 2006 Australian International Motor Show.
    I took lots of photos - over 500 and all in RAW. It will take some time to select the best and publish them in my gallery. Here is a little teaser of what to expect:

Would you like to see more?

…to see more? well, a car-show… we might have wanted to see the car :D

Nice & professionnal picture, you should be one of them, some don't manage to shoot as good pictures as you ;)
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
    edited October 30, 2006
    Tease no more
    Sydney Motor Show Galleries:
    People
    Cars

And to show that a people shot can quite well incorporate a car BMW manager excited about the new Z4 Coupe:
    BMW-Z4-Coupe-IMG_8041.jpg

AntoineD wrote:
    …to see more? well, a car-show… we might have wanted to see the car :D

Nice & professionnal picture, you should be one of them, some don't manage to shoot as good pictures as you ;)
    edited October 30, 2006
    Sydney Motor Show Galleries:
    People
    Cars

And to show that a people shot can quite well incorporate a car BMW manager excited about the new Z4 Coupe:

Oh, this one is very funny, I really like the way you took him :D
    Nice shot thumb.gif

Slight "drawback": the overall image's aspect is too shinny, or maybe too saturated, to me, but we're talking about each other's style :p Damn, I'd like to say but dunno find the words :'(
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    Ok I'm a little jealous that I don't have a body like they do...ok I'm a lot jealous. :cry
    edited October 30, 2006
    Seneca wrote:
    Ok I'm a little jealous that I don't have a body like they do...ok I'm a lot jealous. :cry

…you don't seem ugly on your avatar, don't worry ;)