Nikon D50

BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
edited October 28, 2006 in Cameras
WOW! I went to my local photography shop downtown today looking to find a Nikon D70. They had the D70s but it was running for alittle over $1100 I believe with the kit lens.

After a bit of browsing and testing I was sold on the D50 and the price was right. The body and kit lens was alittle under $800 CAD and I had my mind set on that... until I was shown the Tamron AF18-200 lens.

The owner let me take the camera and lens outside and test it out, I knew at that point I was pretty much sold on the camera. So after a while of bartering back and forth ( I come from a long line of business men so at 18 I have aqquired the skill ). I ended up with the D50 body, 18-200 lens, 1GB Card and he threw in a few lens cleaners for $1285 CAD.

I have to say I am extremely happy with this camera and it will be used to its full potential.

2mg4.jpg

1nb1.jpg
Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal

Comments

• photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    welcome to the dark side
  • gpphotosgpphotos Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    ahh yes, i love my D50.

eventually it will become my back-up cam.

with my prime 50mm and 105mm f/1.8's i rarely use the kit 18-55 or the kit 55-200mm (i got the kit that came with 2 lenses + a bag and 3 year service plan for all new $800 american, off ebay from canoga camera.

i would highly recommend getting the 50mm f/1.8 as it is very inexpensive (think i payed $60 for mine on the 'bay). i use it to shoot low light theatre shots and it is very sharp at 1.8, even after i dropped it and broke the autofocus lol. (oops)

the 105mm f/1.8 was 350, but i got a killer deal on it as it usually goes for 400+. (again, ebay)
  • UT ScottUT Scott Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    Congrats on the new camera! I love my D50 and have put about 8,000 clicks on it! How are you liking the tamron lens? I was thinking about getting it because of the price (and availability) of the nikon version.

Enjoy the camera and start posting pics! thumb.gif
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    Enjoy! Have fun shooting... :D
  • BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    Thanks guys, the lens is amazing. I couldn't believe the clarity of it and how amazing it performs. I feel alot better knowing I paid that much for something worth while. The kit lens I don't think would have done the job.
    Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    Congrat! I've had my d50 about a year now. I know i've taken over 5000 shots so far.
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave