Bug Report: "Give the Gift" not working

BenA2BenA2 Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
edited October 27, 2006 in SmugMug Support
A couple of days ago, my wife tried to give the gift of Smugmug and wasn't able to. Something is obviously wrong in the form that takes the new user data. She wrote to the help desk about the problem and got a response from ?Missy? that it was being looked into.

She hadn't heard back for a day, so I decided to try and post a SmugBug to the Wiki to track progress on the solution. I found that I had to register to post, but was concerned when I saw usernames were people's e-mail addresses. I prefer for my e-mail not to be public, so I wrote the help desk asking to be registered to the Wiki, but with a different username. John wrote back to me yesterday that that would be looked into, but I still haven't heard back.

All that to explain why I'm posting a bug in a new thread in the support forum, instead of through "proper channels". Here's the deal...

After completing all fields in the "Give the Gift of Smugmug" form, while logged in, hitting the "Share the Smug" button does not advance to the next page. What happens is that the page refreshes and the "Friends and Family" question no longer has an answer selected. Thus, you can never get past the setup form.

System: Windows XP, IE 6

Thanks for looking into this.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    BenA2 wrote:
    A couple of days ago, my wife tried to give the gift of Smugmug and wasn't able to. Something is obviously wrong in the form that takes the new user data. She wrote to the help desk about the problem and got a response from ?Missy? that it was being looked into.

She hadn't heard back for a day, so I decided to try and post a SmugBug to the Wiki to track progress on the solution. I found that I had to register to post, but was concerned when I saw usernames were people's e-mail addresses. I prefer for my e-mail not to be public, so I wrote the help desk asking to be registered to the Wiki, but with a different username. John wrote back to me yesterday that that would be looked into, but I still haven't heard back.

All that to explain why I'm posting a bug in a new thread in the support forum, instead of through "proper channels". Here's the deal...

After completing all fields in the "Give the Gift of Smugmug" form, while logged in, hitting the "Share the Smug" button does not advance to the next page. What happens is that the page refreshes and the "Friends and Family" question no longer has an answer selected. Thus, you can never get past the setup form.

System: Windows XP, IE 6

Thanks for looking into this.
    Ben, if you email me the gift info I'll try it for you.
    I just gave the gift, to another person, 1 hour ago - it worked great thumb.gif
  • BenA2BenA2 Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    FF 2.0 works, but IE 6 doesn't
    Andy wrote:
    Ben, if you email me the gift info I'll try it for you.
    No worries on the setup. I tried it myself in FF 2.0 and it worked just fine.
    Andy wrote:
    I just gave the gift, to another person, 1 hour ago - it worked great thumb.gif
    I've now confirmed on two different computers (both Windows XP PCs) and it does not work in IE 6.

Now that I've got the site setup, I'll get off your back. But, it should still be posted as an IE 6 bug.

Thanks
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    BenA2 wrote:
    No worries on the setup. I tried it myself in FF 2.0 and it worked just fine.

I've now confirmed on two different computers (both Windows XP PCs) and it does not work in IE 6.

Now that I've got the site setup, I'll get off your back. But, it should still be posted as an IE 6 bug.

Thanks
    Thanks, it's b00ged :D